- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking a qualified Forensic Chemist SME to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States, and other countries may be required.
- Provides forensic chemistry knowledge and subject matter expertise to INL and GOM officials in the development of drug profiling programs involving Fentanyl, Methamphetamine, Heroin, and Cocaine. Assists in the identification and investigation of new synthetic routes of manufacture for Methamphetamine and Fentanyl. Identifies and investigates new chemical precursors and essential chemicals utilized by Synthetic Drug Producing Transational Criminal Organizations (TCOs).
- The forensic chemist will gather inputs from FGR chemists to assist INL in identifying emerging trends, new psychoactive substances, and new precursor chemicals used to synthesize fentanyl
- Coordinates forensic chemistry training provided to GOM officials, provides best practices for use in synthetic drug and clandestine laboratories investigations.
- Coordinate Synthetic Drug Conferences with GOM Military, Federal, State and Local law enforcement officials.
- Coordinate Fentanyl and Methamphetamine Profiling conferences with GOM forensic chemists.
- Prepares a plan to assist GOM capacity to identify and enforce the diversion of precursor and essential chemicals needed to manufacture synthetic drugs.
- Provides inputs for GOM assistance initiatives, including presenting synthetic drug-related forensic chemistry investigations and seizures to federal criminal prosecutors in the Mexican Judicial System.
- The chemist will identify GOM chemists for invitation to U.S. conferences directly related to synthetic drugs and clandestine manufacture, for example the Clandestine Laboratory Investigating Chemist Association (CLIC) has yearly conferences addressing synthetic drugs and clandestine laboratories. The chemist would plan similar conferences in Mexico and identify chemists for invitation from the GOM and other countries as pertinent. The Clandestine Laboratories Investigators Association (CLIA) meets annually to discuss synthetic drugs, profiling, new technologies and instruments, and new protocols and practices. The chemist would identify the appropriate attendees for such events and invite them with USG approval.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with its profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- US. citizen.
- Spanish FSI level 3/3.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry international relations, law enforcement, public policy, or related field or Associate degree with five (5) years related experience from an accredited institution or ten (10) years of related experience in the justice sector, law enforcement, international development, international affairs, or public administration.
- A combination often (10) years of law enforcement and/or military with a minimum of five years (5) working as a chemist on cases involving Synthetic drugs and two (2) years training or doing presentations in Spanish on synthetic drugs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of State (DOS) MRPT security clearance.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
SGI Global, LLC https://sgiglobal.applicantpro.com