- Alexandria, VA, USA
- Full Time
SGI Global has an opening for a Human Resources Generalist/Specialist in our headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia.
We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist/Specialist with prior experience supporting a federal consulting firm. Duties will vary from HR support tasks including new employee onboarding, benefit management, payroll administration support, employee relations, and employee separation management.
- Perform new employee onboarding and employee separation activities as needed, including HRIS data entry/management, benefit administration, meeting coordination, etc.
- Coordinate benefits programs and open enrollment requirements.
- Maintain HR Files and documents, support all HR reporting as required for government contractors and as requested by SGI's Leadership.
- Provide support as needed for activities related to AAP, COBRA, FMLA, and compliance with applicable labor laws and federal reporting.
- Perform timesheet and payroll reconciliation functions.
- Support the coordination and implementation of services, policies, and programs for our fast-growing business.
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization's human resources and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, and retention.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive pay programs to ensure SGI attracts and retains top talent.
- Develop and maintain HR policies, employee manual and documentation.
- Support the management of SGI's performance management and appraisal process and develop supporting policies.
- Conduct exit interviews and conduct trend analysis to support improved retention strategies.
- Support coordination of paperwork required to obtain government security clearances.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; develops and reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Develop and manage learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities.
- Support the leadership in issues related to employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- At least three (3) relevant years of experience in an HR position
- Prior HR experience working for a small to mid-sized government contractor
- Prior experience with HRIS and benefit system portals
- Prior experience with US payroll, labor law compliance, federal reporting compliance
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.