- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking Community Policing Specialist to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States, and other countries may be required.
- Provide technical assistance/advice, mentoring, and support regarding implementing community police programs.
- Develop and maintain contact with appropriate levels of Mexican government and non-governmental (NGO's), and other U.S. governmental (federal, state, and local) organizations if necessary.
- Develop and maintain a list of GOM key contacts for community policing programs.
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of community policing programs.
- Assists the implementor in the development of comprehensive training programs at each GOM law enforcement agency.
- Provides expertise and training to GOM law enforcement agency personnel involved in community police training processes as needed.
- Develops training programs intended to enhance citizen security and community safety programs as well as developing a more professional staff.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. Employee will be required to perform other duties according with the profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- U.S. Citizen
- Spanish FSI level 3/3.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Bachelor Degree in either Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Public Policy, Social Science, or related field or Ten (10) years total experience as a law enforcement professional. Five years (5) of direct hands-on experience in law enforcement training with a minimum of four (4) years of experience in other management roles that entailed strategic planning, resource management, and budgeting.
- Five (5) years experience conducting research and managing community police projects for a medium to large law enforcement department, to include direct experience in implementing community-based activities including neighborhood watches; Police Activity League (PAL) projects; Drug Awareness and Resistance Education (DARE); Gang Resistance and Education Training (GREAT); Victim's Assistance Centers; and Problem Oriented Policing Initiatives.
- Experience in managing programs, as well as project implementation, analysis, and evaluation.
- Ability to pass a U.S. Embassy RSO security background check.
- Familiarity with United States Government acquisition contracting management regulations, logistics, and financial management policies and procedures.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
SGI Global, LLC https://sgiglobal.applicantpro.com