- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking Drug Demand Reduction Advisor to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required.
- Advises INL developing strategic approach to drug demand reduction (DDR) in Mexico.
- Assists INL to design, develop, implement, monitor, and report on DDR capacity building projects.
- Assists INL to work with US Government inter-agency colleagues, international organizations, and foreign governments outside of Mexico to coordinate, develop and implement DDR capacity building projects.
- Provides guidance on local policies, procedures, and institutions involved in bridging the worlds of public health, criminal justice, and prevention/treatment of substance use disorders. Uses this knowledge and sophisticated understanding of best practices in project design to develop projects helping Mexican institutions reduce drug demand in Mexico.
- Maintains DDR project documentation.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with the profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- Mexican Citizen or Third Country National.
- Spanish FSI level 4/4.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Master's degree in international relations, public policy, criminal justice, or law enforcement; or Bachelor's degree with five (5) years related experience from an accredited institution.
- A combination of ten (10) years' experience in progressive professional experience in GOM and/or domestic or international non-governmental organizations, including a minimum of five (5) years working on drug demand reduction related projects.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience in design and implementation of capacity building projects bridging criminal justice and public health sectors and their ability to prevent and treat substance use disorders to reduce recidivism.
- Experience drafting statements of work, change maps, notices of funding opportunity, training plans, and related documents.
- Knowledge of Mexican health, security, and justice institutions and their role in implementing Mexican drug treatment strategies.
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and oral contexts with diverse audiences ranging from senior U.S. and GOM officials to end users of drug treatment and prevention services.
- Ability to pass a U.S. Embassy RSO security background check.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
SGI Global, LLC https://sgiglobal.applicantpro.com