- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Full Time
- Ability to obtain clearance
SGI Global is seeking a Paralegal/Administrative Support responsible for providing technical and analytical assistance involving Litigation Support in support of the United States Attorney's office for the District of Minnesota.
- Provides technical advice to litigation teams on legal automation options, systems capabilities, and support services available to aid in case preparation, trial preparation and trial presentation.
- In coordination with Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSAs), investigators, federal agents, and paralegal specialists, the contractor develops project management strategies and tools for gathering, tracking, processing, reviewing, organizing, and producing case information in an effective, efficient, and defensible manner.
- Recommends a variety of software packages including database, spreadsheet and word processing applications based on which software would be most effective for organization and management of information and documents, presentation of complex and voluminous evidence or production of graphic demonstrative evidence. Also, recommends best practices and procedures for processing information as part of case preparation.
- Performs essential litigation support tasks.
- In coordination with the USAO's Litigation Support Manager, the contractor analyzes automated litigation support and recommends changes to improve support and to increase the system efficiency and effectiveness.
- Diagnoses and resolves litigation support computer system problems and customizes databases and programs modified to meet individual user needs.
- Knowledge of the legal process and familiarity with both civil and criminal law at the federal and local level.
- Ability to talk to attorneys, understand legal and factual issues, and subject matter details involved in a case to determine options for managing and presenting the data and to recommend a course of action.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.