- Cheltenham, MD, USA
- Full Time
SGI Global is seeking Physical Fitness and/or Defensive Tactics Instructors for the United States Capitol Police (USCP). Qualified instructors will responsible for providing general entry-level and inservice training instructions to all sworn and civilian employees, supervisors, mid-level managers and command staff.
The Instructor shall provide training, including but not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and deliver the course materials including content, sequence, timing, presentation and instructional methodology.
- Rate and score students/ officers/ and officials (who participate in training programs) and make initial determination on whether they qualify or fail to qualify to meet departmental standards.
- Continuously analyze training policies and other training related processes, making recommendation to management on necessary revisions based off validated research, industry standards and /or Departmental policy changes.
- Research and analyze relevant case law for inclusion in course presentation, and evaluate and revise course content as necessary. Determine and outline coverage, specific goals, techniques, instructional aids and timing for each phase of each lesson.
- Write and prepare lesson plans, course materials, evaluations and management recommendations in an accurate, concise manner without need
for grammatical or content editing.
- Deviate from course lesson plans as necessary and approved to adjust to changes in law enforcement procedures, equipment and techniques.
- Evaluate and advise on students' progress by observing performance of students and by developing and administering tests on materials studied.
- Stay abreast of literature and other materials in assigned training areas, evaluate the potential of new materials and instructional aides and participates in training workshops, seminars, and courses. May be required to perform such administrative support training duties as class scheduling and coordination, record keeping and property management.
- Must have successfully completed the Federal Law Enforcement Center's (FLETC) Law Enforcement Fitness Coordinator Training Program (LEFCTP)and/or Law Enforcement Control Tactics Instructor Training Program (LECTITP) or equivalent.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University in exercise science, physical education or kinesiology or equivalent.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in managing a physical fitness or wellness program and/or defensive tactics for law enforcement. Any years of Physical Fitness/Defensive Tactics Coordination experience in excess of 5 years may substitute for education, where 1 year of experience = 1 year of collegiate level education.
- Must have a range of anatomic and physical fitness knowledge and training experience in fields to include the following:
• Legal Aspects of Exercise Admin
• Lifestyle Management
• General Physical Preparedness (GPP)
• Physical Efficiency Battery
• Developing Fitness Progressions
• Progressive Strength Training
• Physical Assessments
• Functional Anatomy
• Exercise Adherence
• Physical Testing Protocol
• Principles of Weight Management
• Injury Prevention
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.