- Cheltenham, MD, USA
- Full Time
SGI Global is seeking Law Enforcement Instructors for the United States Capitol Police (USCP). Qualified instructors will responsible for providing general entry-level and inservice training instructions to all sworn and civilian employees, supervisors, mid-level managers and command staff.
The Instructor shall provide training, including but not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and deliver the course materials including content, sequence, timing, presentation and instructional methodology.
- Rate and score students/ officers/ and officials (who participate in training programs) and make initial determination on whether they qualify or fail to qualify to meet departmental standards.
- Continuously analyze training policies and other training related processes, making recommendation to management on necessary revisions based off validated research, industry standards and /or Departmental policy changes.
- Research and analyze relevant case law for inclusion in course presentation, and evaluate and revise course content as necessary. Determine and outline coverage, specific goals, techniques, instructional aids and timing for each phase of each lesson.
- Write and prepare lesson plans, course materials, evaluations and management recommendations in an accurate, concise manner without need
for grammatical or content editing.
- Deviate from course lesson plans as necessary and approved to adjust to changes in law enforcement procedures, equipment and techniques.
- Evaluate and advise on students' progress by observing performance of students and by developing and administering tests on materials studied.
- Stay abreast of literature and other materials in assigned training areas, evaluate the potential of new materials and instructional aides and participates in training workshops, seminars, and courses. May be required to perform such administrative support training duties as class scheduling and coordination, record keeping and property management.
- Must have successfully completed the Federal Law Enforcement Center's (FLETC) Firearms Instructor Training Program (FITP), or equivalent.
- Must have demonstrated at least 3 years expertise serving as an instructor for a weapons training program and effectively conveying ideas verbally in an adult learning environment.
- Additionally must have experience in developing and executing lesson plans and practical exercises using traditional and innovative teaching methods with adult learners in a law enforcement setting.
- Preference is given to applicants with Law Enforcement Officer Firearms instructor experience as well as those possessing a Glock Armorer Certification.
- Firearms instructors must be able to pass an initial firearms proficiency or qualification course of fire with an 85% score which equates to 255 points out of a possible of 300 points.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.