- Cheltenham, MD, USA
- Full Time
SGI Global is seeking Law Enforcement Instructors for the United States Capitol Police (USCP). Qualified instructors will responsible for providing general entry-level and inservice training instructions to all sworn and civilian employees, supervisors, mid-level managers and command staff.
The Instructor shall provide training, including but not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and deliver the course materials including content, sequence, timing, presentation and instructional methodology.
- Rate and score students/ officers/ and officials (who participate in training programs) and make initial determination on whether they qualify or fail to qualify to meet departmental standards.
- Continuously analyze training policies and other training related processes, making recommendation to management on necessary revisions based off validated research, industry standards and /or Departmental policy changes.
- Research and analyze relevant case law for inclusion in course presentation, and evaluate and revise course content as necessary. Determine and outline coverage, specific goals, techniques, instructional aids and timing for each phase of each lesson.
- Write and prepare lesson plans, course materials, evaluations and management recommendations in an accurate, concise manner without need
for grammatical or content editing.
- Deviate from course lesson plans as necessary and approved to adjust to changes in law enforcement procedures, equipment and techniques.
- Evaluate and advise on students' progress by observing performance of students and by developing and administering tests on materials studied.
- Stay abreast of literature and other materials in assigned training areas, evaluate the potential of new materials and instructional aides and participates in training workshops, seminars, and courses. May be required to perform such administrative support training duties as class scheduling and coordination, record keeping and property management.
- Must have successfully completed the Federal Law Enforcement Center's (FLETC) Law Enforcement Instructor Training Program (LEITP), or equivalent
- Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement or Police Science or equivalent.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in law enforcement. Five years or more of Law Enforcement instructor experience can be a substitute for education, where 1 year of experience = 1 year of collegiate level education. Preference is given for Federal Law Enforcement Officer experience and/or Law Enforcement Instructor experience. Military or security experience does not substitute for law enforcement experience.
- Instructors should have a range of law enforcement knowledge and training experience in fields to include the following:
• Contact stops and frisks
• Domestic violence
• District of Columbia law
• Probable cause
• Handling emotionally disturbed persons
• Arrest processing
• Use of force
• Court procedures
• Juvenile processing
• Traffic regulation
• Radio communications
• Report writing
• Emergency response
• Incident command
• Security screening
• Physical fitness
• Officer safety and defensive tactics
• Search and seizure
• ASP baton
• OC Spray
• Active shooter
• Vehicle Response and Traffic stops
• Officer Survivor Tactics
- Must effectively be able to convey ideas verbally in an adult learning environment and have experience in developing and executing lesson plans and practical exercises using traditional and innovative teaching methods with adult learners in a law enforcement setting.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.