- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
- Top Secret/SCI
SGI Global is seeking a CWMD Geospatial Information System Specialist to support the Department of Homeland Security, Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office (CWMD), Watch Desk Operations. The CWMD Watch Desk coordinates, shares, and performs analysis on relevant operational information related to chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, (CBRN) and medical events or incidents worldwide. Such events and incidents consist of potential CBRN agents, counter proliferation of CBRN and CBRN dual use material, terrorism related to the use, theft, and illegal possession of CBRN material, and provides alert and notification of CWMD incidents.
- Managing the training for incoming watch officers on watch tasks associated with GIS;
- Provide quality and control of watch data inputs;
- Collaborate with the Operations Integration Branch for new GIS tasks and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Training Specialist to develop and update GIS training for watch officers.
- It is expected that the GIS specialist hours will be divided 50% GIS QA/QC and 50% watch desk training/certification.
- The GIS Specialist will take direction from the Site Lead/Contract Program Manager/Contract Representative.
- Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience as a GIS specialist for a DHS component or similar practical experience in the civilian or military workforce.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience with ERSI, ARC, GIS.
- Proficiency with ARC Survey Tool 123
- Familiarity with DHS HSIN Geospatial Information Structure
- Familiarity with GIS data conversion.
- Previous experience training civilian or military personnel.
- Must have the ability to obtain DHS Suitability and TS/SCI clearance
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.