- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking Policy Unit Program Assistant to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required.
- Assist INL with research and analysis of human right cases and recommending remedial actions compatible with U.S Leahy Vetting Laws according to the U.S assistance provided to Mexican security forces, maintaining archives and project files, including reports, recommendations, letters, memorandums, and other official correspondence, keeping track of the entire vetting process.
- Manage the Training Tracking System (TTS), which includes keeping the Unit Library updated (for which it is necessary to review the laws, websites, and documents of the Government of Mexico), providing training and Leahy Law to INL and Embassy's section requestors.
- Assist INL vetting submitters and the POL vetting unit with troubleshooting and quality assurance of INL software platforms, especially the Training Tracking System (TTS), Working with the development team surveying, identifying, prioritizing, analyzing users' requirements and improvements reporting glitches in the system.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with the profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- Mexican Citizen or Third Country National.
- Spanish FSI level 4/4.
- English FSI level 3/3.
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, criminal justice, law enforcement, social sciences, or Associate degree with five (5) years related experience from an accredited institution or; ten (10) years of related experience in the justice sector, law enforcement, international development, international affairs, or public administration.
- A combination of five (5) years' experience in a professional setting, with a minimum of three (3) years in in human rights and Mexican legal system.
- Ability to pass a U.S. Embassy RSO security background check.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
SGI Global, LLC https://sgiglobal.applicantpro.com