- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking a K9 Advisor to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required.
- Advises on all aspects of canine care and performance, including but not limited to working environments, diets, training areas, training protocols, medical facilities, certification, canine selection, and housing.
- Assists INL Mexico Canine Team in supporting the development of a Mexican canine certification program for its handlers, canines, instructors, and facilities.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with the profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- Mexican Citizen or Third Country National.
- Spanish FSI level 4/4.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences, international relations, criminal justice, law enforcement, social sciences, or Associate degree with five (5) years related experience from an accredited institution or ten (10) years of related experience in the justice sector, law enforcement, international development, international affairs, or public administration.
- A combination of ten (10) years of experience with Mexican or Latin American law enforcement or military with a minimum of five (5) years' experience managing a civilian law enforcement or military canine unit, deploying K9 teams to interdict drugs and firearms in mail parcel facilities, airports, seaports, highway checkpoints, and/or ground public transportation stations, understanding the importance of the legal use of canines to uphold criminal investigations.
- Ability to pass a U.S. Embassy RSO security background check.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.