- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking a Criminal Investigations Advisor to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required.
- Provides advice for federal, state, on local policies and procedures involving public safety, investigation, prosecutions, and criminal analysis, involving high impact cases, kidnapping, sex crimes, homicides, robbery, organized crime, transnational gangs, drug trafficking, human trafficking, human smuggling, arms trafficking, and money laundering.
- Assists INL with planning, implementation, and evaluation of judicial programs.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with the profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- Mexican Citizen or Third Country National.
- Spanish FSI level 4/4.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Bachelor's degree in Law, international relations, criminal justice, law enforcement, social sciences, or related field, or Associate degree with five (5) years related experience from an accredited institution or; ten (10) years of related experience in the justice sector, law enforcement, international development, international affairs, or public administration.
- A combination of ten (10) years of experience litigating in the Mexican Judiciary system at the Federal or State level, with a minimum of five (5) years' experience coordinating and/or participating in criminal investigations/units and/or operations, and cells that included analysts, investigative police, and forensics experts., and five (5) years' experience in the new "Sistema Penal Acusatorio" (New Accusatory System at the State or Federal level.)
- Ability to pass a U.S. Embassy RSO security background check.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.