- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking a Legal Advisor to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required.
- Provides legal advice for federal, state, and local policies and procedures involving public safety, investigation, prosecutions, and criminal analysis involving high impact cases, kidnapping, sex crimes, homicides, robbery, organized crime, transnational gangs, drug trafficking, human trafficking, human smuggling, arms trafficking, and money laundering and develops programs that help Mexican institutions mitigate and address these crimes.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with the profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- Mexican citizen or Third Country National.
- FSI Level 4/4 Spanish.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, Mexican law, criminal justice, law enforcement, social sciences, or Associate degree with five (5) years related experience from an accredited institution or; ten (10) years of related experience in the justice sector, law enforcement, international development, international affairs, or public administration.
- A combination of ten (10) years of experience on the Mexican Law Enforcement and Judiciary conducting analysis of transnational criminal organizations in support of investigations, with a minimum of five (5) years coordinating and/or participating in specialized investigative units, three (3) years' experience as a Mexican criminal information analyst in the new "Sistema Penal Acusatorio" (New Accusatory System at the State or Federal level.)
- Ability to pass a U.S. Embassy RSO security background check.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.