- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking an Anti-Money Laundering Advisor to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required.
- Assesses AML partner capabilities based on INL AML strategy; plans and monitors AML programs by mentoring them to implement state financial investigative unit models.
- Provides subject matter expertise to INL and GOM officials in financial crimes investigations, training, and administrative processes, drawing on specialized experience.
- Identifies any needs (training, equipment, and certification) of partner agencies and GOM partner agencies to help identify any deficiencies in the AML state financial investigative programs.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with the profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- Mexican citizen or Third Country National.
- FSI Level 4/4 Spanish.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, criminal justice, law enforcement, social sciences, or Associate degree with five (5) years related experience from an accredited institution or; ten (10) years of related experience in the justice sector, law enforcement, international development, international affairs, or public administration.
- A combination of ten (10) years of experience in financial services providers or Government institutions as Compliance Officer, Auditor or Money Laundering professional with a minimum of five (5) years' experience in the implementation and operation of a financial investigative unit with an emphasis in the Mexican public safety sector (state or federal Finance, law enforcement, prosecutors, and investigators) at the State (UIPE) or Federal (UIF) level and five (5) years of experience in IT platform design for accessing private financial information for the use of Judicialization or Tax evasion identification.
- Ability to pass a U.S. Embassy RSO security background check.
- CNBV's Money Laundering prevention certificate.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.