- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking Correctional Auditing Advisor to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico with extensive travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries as required.
- Provides technical assistance in supporting, assisting, and advising International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) and the Government of Mexico (GOM) in the continuing development and implementation of a prison accreditation program. Assists the GOM in maintaining, developing, and implementing Professional International Corrections Core Standards (Mexico) (ICCS M).
- Conducts scheduled diagnostic, follow-up, and pre-audit visits to federal and state correctional facilities in Mexico. Assesses the conditions and operations of the prisons and provides, as a deliverable, a report on each prison visited. Report includes each prison's needs, capacities, shortcomings, and progress achieved toward reaching standards sufficient for accreditation by a certified accrediting body.
- Attend domestic and international conferences relevant to INL's Corrections Program.
- Prepares background materials and reports used by INL such as speeches, briefings, and testimony on corrections. Maintains and updates INL Data systems with current and accurate information.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with the profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- Mexican citizen or Third Country National.
- FSI Level 4/4 Spanish.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, law enforcement, social sciences or a similar field is required or Associate degree with five (5) years related experience from an accredited institution or; ten (10) years of related experience in the justice sector, law enforcement, international development, international affairs, or public administration.
- A combination of ten (10) years of experience in auditing in the private or government sector, with a minimum of five (5) years' experience in auditing prisons based on recognized national or international standards.
- Ability to pass a U.S. Embassy RSO security background check.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
SGI Global, LLC https://sgiglobal.applicantpro.com