- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking a Rule of Law Analyst to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required.
- Advises the INL Rule of law team on the planning, creation, implementation, review, and assessment of rule of law projects and coordinates new rule of law programs for Mexico, in concert with other USG agencies, NGOs and Mexican law enforcement and criminal justice programs.
- Tracks issues related to rule of law system reforms to include human right issues.
- Participates in outreach activities with domestic and international NGOs and Rule of Law/Justice communities to increase awareness of INL programs and policies.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with the profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- Mexican Citizen or Third Country National.
- Spanish FSI level 4/4.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, law enforcement, or a similar field is required or Associate degree with five (5) years related experience from an accredited institution or; ten (10) years of related experience in the justice sector, law enforcement, international development, international affairs, or public administration.
- A combination of ten (10) years of experience in Mexican rule of law at federal, state or municipality level is required, with a minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in government accountability, fundamental rights, including the security of persons and contract, property, and human rights.
- Ability to pass a U.S. Embassy RSO security background check.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.