- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking Corrections Senior Advisor to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required.
- Provides technical assistance in supporting, assisting, and advising International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) and the Government of Mexico (GOM) in the continuing development and implementation of a Prison Accreditation Program. Assists the GOM in maintaining, developing, and implementing Professional International Corrections Core Standards (Mexico) (ICCS M).
- Conducts scheduled diagnostic, follow-up, and pre-audit visits to federal and state correctional facilities in Mexico. Assesses the conditions and operations of the prisons and provides, as a deliverable, a report on each prison visited. Report includes each prison's needs, capacities, shortcomings, and progress achieved toward reaching standards sufficient for accreditation by a certified accrediting body.
- Provides technical assistance advice, training, mentoring, and support to Mexican corrections partners including best practices in the management of prisons. Responsible for developing and training GOM staff in prison accreditation program standards and preparing facilities for the accreditation audit process.
- Attend domestic and international conferences relevant to INL's Corrections Program.
- Participates in outreach activities with domestic and international law enforcement communities to increase awareness of INL programs and policies to solicit greater cooperation and participation.
- Prepares background materials and reports used by INL such as speeches, briefings, and testimony on corrections. Maintains and updates INL Data systems with current and accurate information.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according to its profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Spanish FSI level 3/3.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, law enforcement, public policy, criminal justice, social sciences, or related field or Associate degree with five (5) years related experience from an accredited institution or; ten (10) years of related experience in the justice sector, law enforcement, international development, international affairs, or public administration.
- A combination of ten (10) years of law enforcement and/or professional work in U.S. correctional institutions at the rank of associate/deputy warden, and three (3) years of managerial and supervisory experience as a Deputy Warden or Warden, with at least three (3) years of experience working on international corrections issues, including working overseas; and have experience working or coordinating with other relevant U.S. government agencies (e.g., Departments of Justice, Defense, DEA and/or USAID), or has been Audit chairman and/or audited 4 or more years.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of State (DOS) MRPT security clearance.
- Graduation from a U.S. federal or state corrections or probation officer academy certified by a POST commission or equivalent, and of at least 120 hours in length.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
SGI Global, LLC https://sgiglobal.applicantpro.com