- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking a Synthetic Opioid Drug SME to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required.
- Provides subject matter expertise to INL and GOM officials in the identification and investigation of Synthetic Opioid drugs such as Fentanyl, synthetic drugs such as methamphetamine, and semi-synthetic drugs such as heroin; and intelligence gathering, and analysis related to Synthetic drugs and types of synthetic drug production in Mexico.
- Coordinates Synthetic Drug training provided to GOM officials, provides best practices for use in synthetic drug and clandestine laboratories investigations.
- Prepares a plan to assist GOM capacity to identify and enforce the diversion of precursor and essential chemicals needed to manufacture synthetic drugs.
- Develops and implements assistance to the GOM that includes the presentation of synthetic drug investigations and seizures to federal prosecutors for criminal prosecution in the Mexican Judicial System.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with its profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- U.S. citizen.
- Spanish FSI level 3/3.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, law enforcement, public policy, or related field or Associate degree with five (5) years related experience from an accredited institution or; ten (10) years of related experience in the justice sector, law enforcement, international development, international affairs, or public administration.
- A combination of ten (10) years of law enforcement and/or military with a minimum of five years (5) working cases involving Synthetic drug clandestine laboratories and two (2) years training or doing presentations in Spanish on synthetic drugs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of State (DOS) MRPT security clearance.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.