- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking Border Security and Ports of Entry (POE) Advisor to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required.
- Supports the INL Border Security team with the implementation of the Border Security foreign assistance.
- Assists with monitoring, and reporting on progress or lack thereof on specific border security projects, providing advice to Mexican officials involved in projects including borders, checkpoints, and POE security efforts.
- Provides advice and technical support to Government of Mexico (GOM) law enforcement, military, immigration, and customs officials.
- Advises INL on infrastructure, Non-Intrusive Equipment (NIIE), training needed to implement the INL Border Security Strategy.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with the profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- US Citizen.
- Spanish FSI level 3/3.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Bachelor's degree or graduate of a US Law Enforcement Agency; or Associate degree with five (5) years related experience from an accredited institution or; ten (10) years of related experience in law enforcement, international development, international affairs, or public administration.
- At least ten (10) years' experience with U.S. law enforcement or military with a minimum of five (5) of work experience in the Border Security field and/or working background of the Non-Intrusive Inspection Equipment (NIIE).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of State (DOS) MRPT security clearance.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.