- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking a Police Advisor to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required.
- Provides subject matter expertise to INL and GOM officials in law enforcement operations, training, and administrative processes, drawing on specialized experience.
- Advises INL staff on the creation, implementation, review and assessment of police professionalization and capacity-building projects, and meeting with host nation or interagency partners to provide input to collaborative projects.
- Receives guidance and tasking from INL Program Officers, works closely with Project Managers, and may travel as needed to assess GOM partner agencies or to assist in monitoring progress of projects.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with the profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- U.S. Citizen
- Spanish FSI level 3/3.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, law enforcement, public policy, or related field; or Associate degree with five (5) years related experience from an accredited institution or; ten (10) years of related experience in the military, law enforcement, international development, international affairs, or public administration.
- Minimum ten (10) years' experience with U.S. law enforcement or military.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of State (DOS) MRPT security clearance.
- Knowledge of Mexican police and/or law enforcement system.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.