- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking Anti-Money Laundering Senior Advisor to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required.
- Provides subject matter expertise to INL and GOM officials in the identification of and investigations related to money laundering and in intelligence gathering and analysis related to money laundering drawing from extensive, specialized experience.
- Coordinates anti-money laundering trainings provided to GOM officials and identifies trends, patterns, and analysis of money laundering within Mexico.
- Works and collaborates with teams comprised of multi-jurisdictional GOM officials both State and Federal, NGO's, the financial industry, and regulatory authorities, involved in the investigation, prosecution, regulation, and control of money laundering to include trade-based money laundering, bulk cash smuggling, crypto currency, kleptocracy, money service businesses and wire transfers amongst others.
- Works with GOM State and Federal entities involved in the targeting of Transnational Criminal Organizations and corresponding money laundering activities.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with GOM counterparts, serving as a liaison between INL and GOM officials and NGO's, the financial industry, banking sectors, regulatory authorities, advises INL staff on the creation, implementation, review, and assessment of anti-money laundering capacity-building projects, and meeting with host nation or USG interagency partners to provide input on collaborative projects.
- Implements a plan for GOM that includes the strengthening of money laundering investigations to State and Federal investigators and prosecutors for criminal prosecution, in the Mexican Judicial System.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with its profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- U.S. citizen.
- Spanish FSI level 3/3.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, criminal justice, public policy, or related field, or Ten (10) or more years of professional law enforcement experience can be substituted for education.
- A combination of ten (10) years' experience working with U.S. law enforcement or financial regulatory/enforcement agency such as FINCEN or OFAC and aa minimum of Five (5) years of field experience working money laundering investigations or financial enforcement and regulatory issues.
- Advanced certification (ACAMS, ACFE) and proof of knowledge of the money laundering issues in Mexico.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of State (DOS) MRPT security clearance.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
SGI Global, LLC https://sgiglobal.applicantpro.com