- México D.F., MEX
- Full Time
SGI Global LLC is seeking fluent Spanish speaking a TIP & Human Smuggling Senior Advisor to support the Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Mexico City, Mexico, which requires professional and administrative support services to work with the U.S. Foreign Assistance Program to Mexico.
- The position is located in Mexico City, Mexico. Travel to other locations in Mexico, the United States and other countries may be required.
- Provides subject matter expertise to INL and GOM officials in the identification of and investigations related to trafficking in persons and human smuggling and in intelligence gathering and analysis related to trafficking in persons and human smuggling, drawing on extensive, specialized experience and implements a plan for GOM that includes the strengthening of human trafficking and smuggling investigations to State and Federal investigators and prosecutors for criminal prosecution, in the Mexican Judicial System.
- Coordinates human trafficking and smuggling trainings provided to GOM officials.
- Works and collaborates with teams comprised of multi-jurisdictional GOM officials involved in the investigation and prosecution of human trafficking and smuggling crimes to include child exploitation, sexual exploitation, prostitution, forced labor, cross-border human smuggling and the movement of migrants within Mexico and prepares a plan to identify trends, patterns, and analysis of human trafficking and smuggling within Mexico.
- Works with GOM State and Federal entities involved in the targeting of criminal organizations involved in human trafficking and smuggling and bears knowledge of the human trafficking and human smuggling issues in Mexico.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with GOM counterparts, serving as a liaison between INL and GOM officials and NGO's, advising INL staff on the creation, implementation, review, and assessment of human trafficking and human smuggling capacity-building projects, and meeting with host nation or USG interagency partners to provide input on collaborative projects.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties according with its profile and the requirements of INL for this position.
- U.S. citizen.
- Spanish FSI level 3/3.
- English FSI level 4/4.
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, criminal justice, public policy, or related field, or Ten (10) or more years of professional law enforcement experience can be substituted for education.
- A combination of ten (10) years' experience with federal, state, or local law enforcement, with a minimum of Five (5) years of field experience working investigations human trafficking and smuggling.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of State (DOS) MRPT security clearance.
- Knowledge of Mexican police and accusatorial judicial system.
- Ability to deal effectively with senior U.S. and GOM officials.
- Experience in drafting and authoring weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.