SGI Global is currently seeking a qualified Administrative Assistant to support the United States Navy (Naval Construction Group ONE) in Port Hueneme, CA. The primary role of this position is to perform administrative support services in support of Naval Construction Group One leadership. Candidates should expect for this role to be in person, with operating hours from 0700 until 1630.
Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare executive level correspondence, route mail and files, and manage Outlook calendars
- Track and route official administrative correspondence, and attend and record
- Contractor shall compose routine official correspondence, social or personal acknowledgements, congratulatory letters, and acceptance letters. Approximately 3 to 5 separate units of correspondence will be drafted per week.
- Contractor shall receive, send, and route within the command approximately 5 to 10 parcels of mail daily.
- Contractor shall manage Outlook calendars, scheduling 3 to 5 appointments per day.
- Contractor shall track and route official correspondence in the amount of 2 units per day.
- Contractor shall maintain the Commander's file system for correspondence, fitness reports, evaluations and command business, to include maintaining Commander's classified file system and storage container (up to SECRET level).
- Contractor shall provide support to the Administrative Officer to ensure all administrative items conform to Navy Correspondence Manual, Awards Manual and procedural requirements.
- Contractor shall dedicate 1 to 2 hours per day organizing files, managing storage containers, and providing support to the Administrative Officer.
- Contractor shall maintain the command's Khaki social rosters and recall bills and the Regiment's phone roster; assist with coordination of Change of Command and other Command ceremonies.
- Assistance shall be provided coordinating the Change of Command typically every 18 to 24 months.
- Tasks associated with Change of Command coordination include drafting programs, consolidating guest lists, organizing seating charts, arranging hotel accommodation for VIPs, drafting the schedule of events, printing the ceremonial script, and other associated tasks. These tasks represent approximately 40 hours of work, to be completed over a course of 8 to 12 weeks leading into the Change of Command.
- Proactively de-conflict schedules. Contractor shall maintain meeting schedules: post updates and changes, notify all applicable personnel of revisions; coordinate use of NCG1 conference rooms (including VTC and SVTC). These tasks require 1 to2 hours of dedicated work per day.
- Receives visitors and answers telephones, determines the nature of requests and directs callers toappropriate staff, or personally provides information concerning routine or procedural office matters. In aggregate, these tasks consist of approximately 1 hour of work per day, but are accomplished continuously throughout the work day.
- Attends weekly meetings; tracks and follows up on action items assigned by the Command Element.
- Approximately 4 hours of meetings are attended each week and follow-on actions consist of 2 hours of work per week.
- Coordinator employee responsibilities include reviewing travel authorizations and coordinating travel arrangements for the Command Element. Arrangements include preparation of travel requests and arrangement of transportation, flights, lodging reservations, itineraries to include scheduling office calls and site visits, handling arrangements for proper protocol and processing travel claims utilizing Defense
- Travel System (DTS) and Naval Reserve Order Writing System (NROWS) within the prescribed timeframe upon mission completion. Ensure Travel requests and Travel Claims processed IAW Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) and Command specifications. Ensure all tasking requirements and duties are complete as specified by NCG1 Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Ensure that CDRE, CSO, and CMDCM meetings and appointments are scheduled on time; changes and cancellations are executed.
- Oral and written communication skills at the approximate equivalency of a person possessing an
- Associate's Degree from a U.S. accredited university. Possess the skill needed to provide information,written reports and metric briefings to command and higher echelon leadership.
- Competence in administrative computer programs, to a level of 8 or more years of experience - e.g.Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, andother equivalent programs.
- The ability to communicate orally and in writing clearly and concisely with various types of personnel, specifically government and military officials assigned to the Battalions and other military staffs.
- Knowledge of the NMCB's organization, regulations, policies and procedures and the Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC).
- Possess or be able to possess a DOD Common Access Card (CAC) and be able to obtain NMCI system access.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.