Project Manager/Lead Trainer
SGI Global is seeking a qualified Project Manager/Lead Trainer for a training opportunity in Kenya.
The responsibilities of the Project Manager/Lead Trainer involve coordinating the administration of the police training activity, ensuring that each trainer can train local police forces in the subject areas of event security planning and crowd management techniques.
The Project Manager will ensure compliance with all contract requirements, working in close coordination with USG personnel in Nairobi, especially in interactions involving planning and other managerial issues. In addition, the Project Manager will determine the feasibility and effectiveness of proposed courses in the Kenyan context and identify the resources required to implement these courses. The Project Manager should understand how to operate in foreign environments with legal systems different from that of the United States, and be able to advise on how to implement new policies and practices. The Project Manager should coordinate with the USG on clarification on legal issues that are specific to Kenya.
The Lead Trainer/Project Manager will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum fifteen (15) years active duty policing experience, including demonstrated supervisory or command experience in multiple threat situations including crowd management;
- Minimum five (5) years' experience with international training programs including coordinating, assessing, conducting, and managing successful training in an international setting, preferably in East Africa;
- Holds a police instructor certification/license from a recognized police training institution;
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and conducting successful training using simultaneous interpretation;
- No negative prior experience working with INL, and never removed from any USG mission or civilian policing activity; excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; speaks, reads, and writes in fluent English.
- Preferred Qualifications for the Lead Trainer/Project Manager:
- Fluent in Kiswahili (desired but not required).
- Demonstrated experience in Event Security Planning and Preparedness
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.