SGI Global is seeking a CWMD Watch Officer to support the Department of Homeland Security, The Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office (CWMD) and Watch Operations. The CWMD watch will coordinate, share, and perform analysis on relevant operational information related to chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, (CBRN) and medical events or incidents worldwide that consist of potential CBRN agents, counter proliferation of CBRN and CBRN dual use material, terrorism related to the use, theft, and illegal possession of CBRN material, and provide alert and notification of CWMD incidents.
- The Watch Officer shall be responsible for all duties related to the CWMD Watch desk.
- The Watch Officers will receive information; perform analysis of the data and draft products.
- The Watch Officer shall operate the CWMD Emergency Notification System to alert and notify CWMD personnel to scripted scenarios in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- The Watch Officer shall monitor and review 24/7/365 all levels of information to include classified systems and folders for CBRN and medical related information as it pertains to CBRN and medical incidents and events.
- The Watch Officer shall provide situational awareness and coordination of events occurring worldwide across the CBRN and medical mission area and draft, prepare, and coordinate operational analytic products and report to inform CWMD leadership.
- The Watch Officer will maintain awareness of all-source information capabilities as it relates to CBRN and medical and DHS Operations.
- The Watch Officer will be required to understand homeland security operational tradecraft and analytical capability of the CBRN and medical risk and threat to the homeland and develop high quality operational analysis products as they relate to the CWMD mission.
- The Watch Officer will perform license checks for alarms that have manifested data associated with them and brief the results during an alarm.
- The Watch Officer will track, document, and maintain records of alarms and perform NRC license checks for alarms.
- The Watch Officer will coordinate with and across the Federal Interagency, DHS Components, CWMD, to include CWMD LNOs, as appropriate.
- Associates level degree in a related field i.e. (Homeland Security, health, or CBRN degree)
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience ie. Military or Law Enforcement Operational or Intelligence experience.
- Must have the ability to obtain DHS Suitability and must possess a TS/SCI clearance
- Must be certified in accordance with Desk Officer Certification Program within 2 months of hire.
SGI Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.