SESLOC Federal Credit Union is seeking a Member Business Loan Officer to develop, originate, manage, and enhance a commercial loan portfolio. This role will be responsible for maintaining and increasing the portfolio asset quality while developing new and existing business relationships. The Member Business Loan Officer will prepare, analyze, process and document all required forms and related documentation and will underwrite commercial/business loans. This position will work with our branches and Business Services teams on leads generated, as well as with Treasury Management to service the deposit needs of some larger borrowers.
Typical Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Develop commercial lending business for the credit union.
- Develop commercial loans and relationships by attending business and community events and by calling on new businesses.
- Manage the commercial loan process from initial application to closing.
- Make underwriting decisions with approval authority.
- Monitor existing loan portfolio to maintain a high-quality asset base.
- Maintain member files.
- Approve or deny loans within established limits.
- Verify the accuracy of requested commercial loan amounts and repayment terms on approved loan applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve internal and external inquiries.
- Assist in the collection of delinquent commercial loan accounts.
- Perform annual reviews of business loans within the portfolio.
- Review construction loan advances on commercial properties.
- Identify maturing or matured loans and proactively complete renewal paperwork or process a decline.
Education and Experience:
A college degree and at least three years of Commercial Lending or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience with a Credit Union or financial institution. Credit Union or financial institution experience preferred.
SESLOC has a collegial work environment with a keen focus on training and development. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits including fully paid employee health, dental and vision; vacation, sick, holiday time off; and a 401k with generous employer match.