Southeast Missouri Behavioral Health is a community based, healthcare provider of substance abuse, mental health, and co-occurring disorder treatment services. The agency is certified by the Missouri Department of Mental Health, Division of Behavioral Health as a provider of Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment services and accredited through CARF as a provider of Integrated Alcohol and Other Drug and Mental Health services at all of its locations.
Southeast Missouri Behavioral Health is a growing company looking for motivated and energetic individuals interested in making a difference in the lives of our clients. We offer a full range of benefits along with opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Mission Statement: Southeast Missouri Behavioral Health will positively impact the health and well-being of every life we touch.
Vision Statement: Southeast Missouri Behavioral Health will be the mental health and substance abuse provider of choice by providing exceptional client care.
Values: Compassion for all clients, families, and communities we serve; accountability in our financial and healthcare practices; service as a theme for how we conduct our business in all aspects; and quality, which must be paramount to everything that we do.
Licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Missouri. Bachelor's degree, B.S.N. preferred from a four-year college or university; two years related experience. Employees are required to maintain the certifications and/or licenses possessed when hired and those gained while an employee of this agency. Any lapsed certification or license may be grounds for discipline, removal from a position, or termination of employment. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general nursing and treatment periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Must pass background check provided for the agency by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Family Care Safety Registry which includes the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Department of Social Services, Department of Mental Health and Department of Health and Senior Services. Must not be on any "do not hire" list with the Department of Mental Health or the Missouri Division of Family Services.
This position works Mon-Fri 8-5. This position does not require weekends or holidays.
SUPERVISION: This position is supervised by the regional nurse manager. This position receives guidance, direction, and input related to clinical matters and the well-being of clients from the Chief Nursing and Risk Management Officer.
Staff must demonstrate intellectual vigor and communication skills in the interpretation and presentation of clinical subject matter; promote positive morale through a congenial, supportive attitude toward clients and peers; exhibits initiative, innovation and creativity resulting in improved clinical outcomes and client comprehension of issues as well as improved clinical operating efficiency of their work focus or the agency as a whole; demonstrates concern for and sensitivity to the needs of clients and staff; appears to leave a favorable and lasting influence on clients; puts forth an effort to improve self as well as to develop and recognize others; and enhances the image of their department and of Southeast Missouri Behavioral Health.
Promote and restore client/patient health by completing the nursing process, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, and providing physical and psychological support to client/patients, friends and families. This job classification is covered under the agency's Exposure Control Plan. Employees in this job classification may reasonably anticipate being occupationally exposed to infectious materials. Current certification in CPR and First Aid is required. Regular and consistent attendance is an essential job function.
Ability to professionally and timely document as per the agency's procedures is essential, proficiency in the use of Electronic Health Records (EHR) systems is required along with the ability to use approved systems including Missouri Healthnet's CyberAccess system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Protect client/patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols,
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations; calling for assistance from healthcare support personnel.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Be thoroughly aware of and knowledgeable in all protocols for the delivery of services, including all rules and regulations as promulgated by the Department of Mental Health and this Agency related to DMH programs.
- Assure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against client/patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following agency philosophy and standards of care, and State Board of Nursing, State Nurse Practice Act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Maintain continuity between treatment teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. Resolve client/patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintain client/patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Document client/patient care services and intervention used by charting in client/patient records and department records
- Complete all billing and other paperwork in a timely, accurate and professional manner conducive to the requirements of client records and Finance Department guidelines.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies, and using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.