- 23-Sep-2021 to 22-Oct-2021 (EST)
- Holland, MI, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, 401(k), PTO, Wellness, Educ. Assistance
The Operations Technician, under direct supervision, supports the Operations Department with a variety of office and field duties related to construction, metering, instrumentation and customer service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates DIMP, MRP and PIP programs with Engineering, Operations, and municipalities.
- Prepares, coordinates and records work orders and cost estimates.
- Keeps Construction Database up to date with services and projects.
- Handles customer and contractor inquiries, complaints and problems with courtesy and professionalism.
- Attends all regular and special meetings and training events as required by the department.
- Stake proposed service and main locations to ensure new services and mains are installed per company standards.
- Assists marketing with project design, probity, and customer inquiries.
- Works with customers and municipalities to acquire easements, right-of-ways and permits as required.
- Supports required MPSC inspections.
- Inspect and audit contractors as requested.
- Calibrates and troubleshoots electronic metering and pressure recording devices as requested.
- Assists supervisors with day-to-day operations.
- Possession of a high school diploma or successful completion of the General Educational Development Test required, supplemented with college courses or vocational training in drafting, surveying, electrical, circuits wiring or other related field.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical & electrical principles, preferred.
- Successful completion of Operator Qualification.
Other Skill Requirement(s):
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good customer service orientation.
- Good working knowledge of various personal computer business software applications presently used by the Company. Ability to learn new systems or software packages as necessary.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere through effective interactions and communications with co-workers, customers and management.
- Must maintain a safe environment for co-workers, customers and the public through adherence to established safety standards and timely reporting of potential hazards.
- Must adhere to Company policies and procedures related to the code of business ethics, compliance, responsible use of Company assets, and all applicable state and federal laws.
- Must be qualified to operate a vehicle under the conditions of the Company's Safe Driving Policy. Must be able to walk at least 10 miles per day in all types of weather conditions. Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, bend, crawl, kneel, walk, climb, push, pull, lift and carry 20-50 lbs., twist, reach above and below shoulder levels, fine finger movements. Must be able to work in climates of extreme cold / extreme heat. Potential exposure to stinging insects / insecticides.
SEMCO Energy is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All applicants are offered an equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!