- 15-Jun-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Port Huron, MI, USA
- $80,954 to $111,312
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, 401(k), PTO, Wellness, Educ. Assistance
The Accounts Payable (A/P) Manager plans, organizes and executes the A/P function for all of the Company's divisions and subsidiaries. This position will provide oversight and leadership to the A/P team and processes, which includes expense management and the purchasing card program as well as ensure the execution of internal controls as it relates to the A/P area. The A/P Manager will also be expected to provide support in vendor issue resolution matters. This role will also be expected participate in an A/P optimization project as well as participate in a redesign of the sales and use assessment process on invoices. This role will be also become the Company's subject matter expert for the A/P and expense management modules of the Company's enterprise resource planning tool and participate in system upgrades and system enhancements. The A/P Manager will be also expected to work with both internal and external auditors on various internal control compliance items and data requests. This person may also be required to perform various other tasks and analytical procedures and will be expected to partner frequently with personnel at all levels within the accounting function and throughout the Company.
- Manage and oversee the accounts payable (A/P) process for all SEMCO locations including both Michigan and Alaska operations. This includes managing and developing the A/P team, overseeing daily activities, assisting in issue resolution with vendors, etc.
- Responsible for overseeing1099 vendor set-up and annual reporting.
- Oversight and maintenance of Expense Management System and purchasing card program.
- Participate in projects, particularly and A/P optimization project as well as a redesign of sales and use tax assessment process.
- Ensure compliance and maintain current on sales and use tax developments as it relates to invoicing.
- Analyze current processes to seek process improvements that can be achieved with existing systems or new technology.
- Accounts payable subject matter expert for JDEdwards and core team representative for A/P and expense management modules of system.
- Supply chain liaison.
- Prepare analytical reviews as requested.
- Adhere to and update, as needed, the established policies and procedures to ensure SOX compliance.
- Provide audit support for both internal and external audits.
- Make regular reports to the Vice President, CFO and Treasurer.
- Bachelors Degree or Associates degree plus seven years of experience in all facets of the A/P process.
- Management experience is preferred.
- Experience working in an enterprise resource planning software. JD Edwards experience would be a benefit.
- Knowledge of A/P best practices, controls and technology.
- Experience dealing with auditors and an understanding of internal controls.
- Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, along with excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and assignments at the same time.
- Ability to cultivate strong working relationships with personnel from various areas of responsibility within the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office products. Knowledge of JD Edwards a plus.
SEMCO ENERGY provides an equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ethnic/national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other bases protected by applicable law. Employment decisions at SEMCO ENERGY will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!