- 30-Mar-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Member Engagement & Communications
- Crewe, VA, USA
- Full Time
Vacation/sick leave; Paid employee medical, dental, and vision insurance; employer contribution towards dependent insurance coverage; employer paid life insurance and business travel accident insurance; tuition reimbursement after one year of service; Employer HSA contribution; Employer 401(k) contribution after one year of employment; pension plan; onsite fitness center; civic / community organization reimbursement; volunteer time-off.
Southside Electric Cooperative, a member-owned rural electric cooperative headquartered in Crewe, VA, is seeking a motivated and skilled communicator to lead the organization's digital and social media efforts and manage and maintain SEC's external and internal websites. As Digital Media Specialist, you will collaborate with our Community Relations Coordinators and Communications Specialist in an engaging, active, and fun environment. Your experience enables you to function in this environment on day one.
Southside Electric Cooperative serves more than 57,000 homes and businesses in 18 counties across Central and Southside Virginia. As a member-owned cooperative, we are committed to providing exceptional member service and supporting our communities.
Are you ready to do what you love and get paid to do it? As Southside Electric Cooperative's Digital Media Specialist you'll take the lead on:
- Developing and maintaining SEC's digital communications strategy to increase and enhance member engagement.
- Managing maintenance and updates to the organization's digital platforms, including sec.coop, sof.coop, and SEC's intranet.
- Creating and posting text and graphics that are timely and relevant to SEC's followers on social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Manage the creation and rotation of all digital advertising to promote SEC's programs and services.
- Monitoring online communication channels to confirm accuracy, appropriateness, and function of content and links.
- Serve as the Cooperative's videographer responsible for planning, production, editing, and presentation of videos.
- Editing and posting brief, engaging, and relevant video clips to digital channels, including social media, sec.coop, and the SEC intranet, that enhance the image of the Cooperative and facilitate member engagement.
- Managing search engine optimization (SEO) and digital advertising campaigns that support the Cooperative's mission and strengthen communication with members and the public.
- Creating engaging graphics that convey important and useful information to SEC members and stakeholders through digital platforms.
- Evaluating and recommending new technologies and methods of digital communication that will help achieve online member engagement objectives.
- Ensuring industry best practices are utilized for all digital communications.
- Collaborate with other team members on the development of specialty graphic pieces such as bill inserts and ads.
- Identify future social media needs and enhancements for the Cooperative.
- Facilitate Cooperative communications in conjunction with the Member Service team during major power outage events.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to have a clear understanding of algorithms on social media.
- Provides the design and layout for SEC's section of Cooperative Living Magazine each month.
- Assist in development of SEC's strategic communications plan and editorial calendar.
Education and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Graphic Design, or other relevant program of study.
- Our new Digital Media Specialist must be able to hit the ground running, therefore, you must have at least one year of experience managing social media accounts and building an online community in a professional setting.
- You must demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Video and audio production and editing.
- Website management and editing.
- Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Power Point, Word, and Publisher.
- Creative graphic design skills.
- A working knowledge of basic coding languages and/or content management systems.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and data driven decision making.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Understanding the Cooperative business model is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Our Digital Media Specialist must live or be willing to locate within sixty minutes legal drive time of our Headquarters office in Crewe.
At Southside Electric Cooperative, our Members are our priority. Therefore, we are first responders when the lights go out. We are not intimidated by adverse situations we know that extra hours will be necessary during emergencies. Like you, we are always ready to roll up our sleeves and get to work when the workload demands. While other businesses close their doors during inclement weather, we report to work to serve our members, any time, night, or day.
Because Southside Electric Cooperative employees take great care of our members, we reward them with a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes:
- HDHP Anthem HealthKeepers insurance with 100% employer paid premium for employees and about 95% for their covered dependents. (Anthem KeyCare is also available with a small employee premium.)
- Dental and vision insurance through Anthem with 100% employer paid premiums for employees and their dependents.
- Life insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, each at 3x annual salary for employees with 100% employer paid premium.
- Low cost supplemental life insurance for dependents, including $20,000 life insurance per child for only $2 each month, regardless of the number of children covered.
- HSA with annual employer contribution.
- 401(k) with employer contributions after one year of service.
- Employer sponsored Retirement plan with employer contributions after one year of service.
- Tuition reimbursement including books and fees.
- We also provide employer paid subscriptions to LifeLock with Norton 360 Premium and LinkedIn Learning Premium for our employees.
- Most of all, at Southside Electric Cooperative, you won't be lost in a vast pool of Public Relations or Marketing associates. As our resident subject matter expert in all things digital, you'll have every opportunity showcase your talents and make these projects your own!
Documents to establish identity and employment eligibility are required. Offers of employment are conditional upon a negative alcohol and controlled substance test.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!