- Crewe, VA, USA
- Full Time
Employer paid health, dental, vision, life, LTD, AD&D, BTA insurance; HSA, HRA; Tuition reimbursement; Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays; and more!
Southside Electric Cooperative is seeking an enthusiastic leader who will be responsible for SEC's brand enhancement, marketing, media and community relations, member engagement strategy, and related activities. You will be responsible for the overall corporate communications strategy and execution, including during crisis. In addition, you will oversee high performing Member Service and Collections teams who are the front line of serving the membership. You will find new and creative ways to tell SEC's story including finding new media with which to communicate with members. You will lead the effort and work alongside the senior management team in providing strategic thought about SEC's corporate interests and plans for inspiring employee and member engagement.
You possess outstanding communication skills, whether they are written, verbal, electronic, via social media, live and recorded presentations, and any other method of communicating the value of SEC to our community.
You exhibit strong interpersonal skills with the ability to understand multiple points of view.
You are known for your excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution, especially during times of crisis.
Your ability to lead, build consensus, and foster teamwork among diverse populations including colleagues, subordinates, industry peers, Cooperative members, and the public will serve you well in this role.
Your outstanding creativity, innovation, and imagination can be applied to develop, design, and write a wide variety of materials and presentations to enhance the Cooperative brand.
You are well organized and able to work independently without administrative support.
As Vice-President of Member Engagement and Communications, you will be one of the most visible members of our organization, serving as the lead point person on media interactions that promote or impact SEC as well as serving as a communications advisor to SEC leadership.
You will develop, nurture, and maintain favorable relationships with external media sources including print, television, and radio and ensure that all internal and external communications are reviewed and approved for regulatory compliance, Cooperative policy, and legal requirements, before distribution.
In addition to Communications, you will manage all activities within the Member Engagement Team including member service and collections activities along with development and execution of internal and external communications, plans, objectives, policies, and goals.
As leader to a Member Engagement team dedicated to providing exceptional service to our members, you will ensure that all employees receive the proper training to understand their respective responsibilities and deliverables. As such, you will establish and monitor team performance and goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct performance appraisals and work with HR in proposing salary and wage adjustments.
An active member of the community, you will act as liaison with local civic organizations, i.e., Rotary, Kiwanis, to provide information, community services, and electric conservation education. With your Member Engagement and Communications team, you will coordinate public and internal events including all activities related to the Annual Meeting and all member meetings.
Additionally, you will manage the development and implementation of all internal and external special programs designed to educate, inform, and promote the Cooperative and its business goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, or related field.
- Ten years' experience in related field.
- Five or more years of management experience directing a comprehensive marketing, communications, or public relations department or area.
- Some electric utility industry preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of the Electric Cooperative business model is a plus, but not required.
- Must reside or be willing to relocate to within 60 minutes legal driving time to our Headquarters office in Crewe. (Relocation assistance will be provided.)
At Southside Electric Cooperative our Members are our priority, therefore, our field team are first responders when the lights go out. At Headquarters, it's up to us to make sure they have exceptional support while they are working long hours in crisis situations. While it doesn't happen often, we are always ready to roll up our sleeves and pitch in when it's all hands-on deck, therefore, you must be able to report to work whenever needed.
This position is open to applicants until noon Eastern time on June 30, 2022.
Highly competitive remuneration including:
- 100% employer-paid medical benefits for employee only coverage and generously subsidized premiums for coverage with dependents. Dental and Vision benefits are 100% employer-paid for employees and their dependents.
- Cooperative funded Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Account.
- Company paid life insurance and disability benefits with a voluntary supplemental life and accident options available for employees and dependents.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- 401(k) Plan with a Cooperative contribution after one year of service.
- Company funded Retirement Security Pension plan after one year of service.
- 9 holidays, 2 floating holidays, 12 days' vacation, 13 days of sick leave with immediate accrual.
- Free parking with a fitness center just a block away. (Monthly fitness reimbursement available to use a gym of your choice.)
- Additionally, all employees are provided with Cooperative paid premium LifeLock with Norton 360 and LinkedIn Learning subscriptions.
- Relocation assistance.
Documents to establish identity and employment eligibility are required. Offers of employment are conditional upon a negative alcohol and controlled substance test. All SEC employees are subject to random drug tests throughout the year.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
SEC IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!