- Crewe, VA, USA
- Full Time
Employer paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, & LTD; employer funded pension, 401k, HSA, & HRA; tuition reimbursement; vacation, sick leave, and more.
Southside Electric Cooperative (SEC) is seeking a member-focused Billing Analyst at our Headquarters office in Crewe, VA.
SEC's Billing Analyst is responsible for ensuring that information, as it relates to billing the consumers, allocating and retiring capital credits, and all related documents, is accurately processed, delivered, and maintained in accordance with approved Cooperative procedures and established policies.
If you have an Associate's Degree (accounting preferred, but not required), or equivalent experience in a billing or accounting environment and at least five years' work experience, preferably in electric utility billing, keep reading.
What will you do if you're hired?
- Reconcile daily and monthly subsidiary billing and deposit accounts.
- Analyze all billing procedures and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure weekly billing is processed accurately and on time.
- Create and review reports to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve billing issues before they take place.
- Understand the calculation of members' bills using the Cooperative's rate schedule.
- Work with other departments of the Cooperative in solving problems and researching opportunities.
- Participate in audits when necessary.
- Enter returned checks and make adjustments to consumer accounts.
- Produce queries and reports on demand for analysis, management, and third parties.
- Understand and perform the capital credit functions of the Cooperative.
- Ensure accurate posting of member payments.
Our ideal candidate answers "yes" to the following questions:
- Do you have the ability to analyze and solve problems?
- Do you take pride in your strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks for maximum efficiency?
- Do you have a strong attention to detail?
- Can you work independently and handle stress under tight deadlines?
- Do you have knowledge of Utility or Telecom Cooperative processes and operations?
- Do you have knowledge of utility billing procedures?
- Are you proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, and Word?
- Do you possess excellent verbal and written communication skills?
- Do you reside within 60 minutes legal driving time of our headquarters office in Crewe, VA? Or, are you willing to locate to this area?
At Southside Electric Cooperative our Members are our priority, therefore, our field team are first responders when the lights go out. At Headquarters, it's up to us to make sure they have exceptional support while they are working long hours in crisis situations. While it doesn't happen often, we are always ready to roll up our sleeves and pitch in when it's all hands-on deck, therefore, you must be able to report to work whenever needed. You are willing to participate in the Technology Department's on-call roster and prepared to work outdoors, in any weather condition, if necessary.
Highly competitive remuneration including:
- 100% employer-paid medical benefits for employee only coverage and generously subsidized premiums for coverage with dependents. Dental and Vision benefits are 100% employer-paid for employees and their dependents.
- Cooperative funded Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Account.
- Company paid life insurance and disability benefits with a voluntary supplemental life and accident options available for employees and dependents.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- 401(k) Plan with a Cooperative contribution after one year of service.
- Company funded Retirement Security Pension plan after one year of service.
- 9 holidays, 2 floating holidays, 12 days' vacation, 13 days of sick leave with immediate accrual.
- Free parking with a fitness center just a block away. (Monthly fitness reimbursement available to use a gym of your choice.)
- Additionally, all employees are provided with Cooperative paid premium LifeLock with Norton 360 and LinkedIn Learning subscriptions.
Documents to establish identity and employment eligibility are required. Offers of employment are conditional upon a negative alcohol and controlled substance test. All SEC employees are subject to random drug tests throughout the year.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
SEC IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This position closes to new applications at noon eastern time on June 30.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!