- Crewe, VA, USA
- Full Time
Employer paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, & LTD; employer funded pension, 401k, HSA, & HRA; tuition reimbursement; vacation, sick leave, and more.
(Position closes at noon Eastern time on Thursday, June 30, 2022)
The Business Data Analyst will be eager to learn, have excellent analytical skills, and be enthusiastic about using data to provide strategic analysis to all levels of the organization. You will play a critical role in developing and maintaining the data analysis program in the IT Department. You will also champion the value of data to maximize efficiencies within the Cooperative's Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Meter Data Management System (MDMS). You can solve complex problems and are willing to work long hours when a project requires it. You are well organized, detail oriented, and know how to prioritize tasks.
Other essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Converting data into actionable insights to measure and improve processes
- Maintaining the Cooperative's AMI systems
- Staying current in technology industry developments and standards related to AMI and MDMS
- Providing essential reports and queries from AMI, MDMS, and other systems as needed
- Monitoring of critical commercial and industrial meters
- Assisting with network communication's infrastructure
- Diagraming and evaluating existing processes
Knowledge & Skills
- Dependable and able to work independently with little supervision as well as with a team of individuals
- Enthusiastic about using data to provide strategic insights to all levels of the organization
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Expertise in Excel is required
- 2+ years SQL experience preferred
Bachelor's Degree in business, mathematics, statistics, accounting, economics, computer science engineering, or another quantitative field preferred or demonstrated work experience in lieu of Bachelor's Degree.
Must be US Citizen or Aliens authorized to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor H1-B or other Visas. Documents to establish identity and employment eligibility are required.
At Southside Electric Cooperative our Members are our priority, therefore, our field team are first responders when the lights go out. At Headquarters, it's up to us to make sure they have exceptional support while they are working long hours in crisis situations. While it doesn't happen often, we are always ready to roll up our sleeves and pitch in when it's all hands-on deck, therefore, you must be able to report to work whenever needed. You are willing to participate in the Technology Department's on-call roster and prepared to work outdoors, in any weather condition, if necessary.
Must be able to work additional hours during emergencies or when the work load demands.
Must become CPR and First Aid certified within one year of hire (company training provided).
Must reside or relocate to within 60 minutes legal driving time of our headquarters office in Crewe, VA.
This is an exempt level position.
Highly competitive remuneration including:
- 100% employer-paid medical benefits for employee only coverage and generously subsidized premiums for coverage with dependents. Dental and Vision benefits are 100% employer-paid for employees and their dependents.
- Cooperative funded Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Account.
- Company paid life insurance and disability benefits with a voluntary supplemental life and accident options available for employees and dependents.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- 401(k) Plan with a Cooperative contribution after one year of service.
- Company funded Retirement Security Pension plan after one year of service.
- 9 holidays, 2 floating holidays, 12 days' vacation, 13 days of sick leave with immediate accrual.
- Free parking with a fitness center just a block away. (Monthly fitness reimbursement available to use a gym of your choice.)
- Additionally, all employees are provided with Cooperative paid premium LifeLock with Norton 360 and LinkedIn Learning subscriptions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!