- Crewe, VA, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, HSA, HRA, Life, LTD, Vacation, Sick Leave, 401k, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, Fitness Reimbursement, LifeLock, Linked In Learning
Due to a coming retirement, we are seeking an Executive Assistant responsible for the efficient and professional execution of operations related to all administrative functions in support of the President/CEO.
The Executive Assistant is expected to be a positive role model for all employees within the Cooperative, displaying a positive, "can-do" outlook, willingness to share experience and skills with others, and ability to work in a team environment.
This role will provide expert executive administrative support to the CEO and will work closely with other senior level team members and the members of the Board of Directors. The EA will ensure the CEO office runs smoothly while expertly coordinating all logistics and scheduling in a proactive and timely manner.
What will you do if you are hired?
- Act as the key liaison/gatekeeper with respect to access to the President/CEO.
- Manage the establishment and maintenance of all electronic and physical files for the office of the President/CEO, including all confidential materials.
- Maintain the electronic and physical calendar of President/CEO regarding appointments, meetings, lunch/dinner, and travel plans.
- Coordinate all travel arrangements related to executive travel, including airline, hotel, rental car, and restaurant reservations.
- Coordinate the planning and scheduling of meetings, including when necessary: booking rooms, arranging media equipment, selecting and scheduling caterers, and taking and distributing meeting minutes.
- In coordination and cooperation with the meeting/training/activity planner, handle all aspects of providing food and supplies for Cooperative meetings, training, and other events/activities, including, but not limited to, securing food services, purchasing supplies, setting up for service and cleaning up after the activity.
- Understand and perform the capital credit functions of the Cooperative.
- Provide support as needed/directed to individuals and departments to ensure the overall success of the Cooperative, including, but not limited to the following:
- Annual Meeting activities;
- Revise the Emergency Response Plan document as requested;
- In coordination with the information technology team, provide support/training on the following:
- Mobile/electronic devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.);
- Software (i.e., Microsoft Office products, Adobe, Boardpaq, etc.);
- Office equipment (computer, printer, A/V equipment, etc.)
- Participate on various task forces, committees, panels, etc., to support Cooperative wide initiatives and projects, as assigned.
- Perform various administrative functions to support the President/CEO, Cooperative Board, Cooperative Executive Team, and other SEC employees, as requested or required.
- Maintain high degree of professionalism as demonstrated through teamwork, innovation, and confidentiality.
- Screen, direct, and service all telephone inquiries in a professional and efficient manner, ensuring proper answering, greeting, and message taking.
- Coordinate all incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence.
- Review all internal and external correspondence, mail, and other inquiries and process in an efficient, timely, and professional manner.
- Prioritize work assignments, meet multiple deadlines, negotiate deadlines, and ensure all internal and external deadlines are met.
- Develop, design, and enhance PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
- Create fillable forms for the Intranet, Cooperative website, departments, and other employees, as requested or required.
- Handle Cooperative UPS/FedEx shipping accounts, informing, and assisting employees with shipping needs.
- Coordinate and assist with Christmas decorating at Headquarters Office.
High school diploma or equivalent required; certificate or degree from professional trade school preferred. Associates degree or bachelor's degree a plus.
Must have at least five years of administrative/executive assistant experience.
Our selected Executive Assistant can answer "yes" to the following questions:
- Do you possess extensive knowledge of ALL functions associated with administrative support operations?
- Do you have advanced level experience with Microsoft Office Suite of Programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams meetings?
- Are you able to develop, design, and enhance PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets?
- Do you have at least an intermediate level of experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro and its associated tools?
- Do you have exceptional verbal and written communication skills with special emphasis on grammar and proofreading skills?
- Are you able to operate all office equipment and troubleshoot when necessary?
- Do you have strong customer service skills, with a focus on providing results in a timely, efficient, and friendly manner?
- Do you excel at screening, directing, and servicing all telephone inquiries in a professional and efficient manner?
- Do you have the ability to review all internal and external correspondence, mail, and other inquiries, and process in an efficient, timely, and professional manner?
- Are you able to prioritize work assignments, meet multiple deadlines, and anticipate service obstacles?
- Do you maintain a positive "can-do" attitude in a professional environment?
- Can you function without direct supervision?
- Do you have strong interpersonal and communications skills?
- Are you able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously?
- Can you work and handle stress under tight deadlines?
- Must be able to work additional hours during emergencies or when the work load demands.
- Must become CPR and First Aid certified within one year of hire (company training provided).
- Must reside or relocate to within 60 minutes legal driving time of our headquarters office in Crewe, VA.
This is an exempt level position.
Highly competitive compensation including:
- 100% employer-paid medical benefits for employee only coverage and generously subsidized premiums for coverage with dependents. Dental and Vision benefits are 100% employer-paid for employees and their dependents.
- Cooperative funded Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Account.
- Company paid life insurance and disability benefits with a voluntary supplemental life and accident options available for employees and dependents.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- 401(k) Plan with a Cooperative contribution after one year of service.
- Company funded Retirement Security Pension plan after one year of service.
- 9 holidays, 2 floating holidays, 12 days' vacation, 13 days of sick leave with immediate accrual.
- Private office, free parking, with a fitness center just a block away. We also offer a fitness reimbursement program.
- Additionally, all employees are provided with Cooperative paid Premium LifeLock with Norton 360 and LinkedIn Learning subscriptions.
Please include your resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter should include, in your own words, why you are interested in this position and why you believe that you are an excellent candidate for consideration.
ATTENTION Indeed users: Clicking Easily apply or the Apply now button on Indeed will take you to our initial 3 minute application and qualifying questions. That does not complete the application process for this position. Candidates who meet basic key criteria will receive an immediate automatic email containing a link to complete the application process. Please be sure to check your spam/junk folder as we cannot consider candidates with incomplete applications.
Documents to establish identity and employment eligibility are required. Offers of employment are conditional upon a negative alcohol and controlled substance test. All SEC employees are subject to random alcohol and drug tests throughout the year.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!