- Crewe, VA, USA
- Full Time
Health, dental, vision, life insurance, HSA, HRA, 401(k), retirement plan, and tuition reimbursement
( Completed applications must be received by March 12 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time)
Southside Electric is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join our Finance and Corporate Services team to be responsible for managing the general ledger accounting, financial reporting, work order accounting function, and treasury function of the Cooperative. Additionally, you will oversee the maintenance of accurate financial records and proper internal controls of the operations of the Cooperative.
We believe that the best ideas can come from anywhere even our newest employees. When we are working towards the same goal, the quality of the solution will always outweigh the source. Ask questions, share answers, and challenge expectations. It is not about what you can accomplish individually, it's about impacting what we can accomplish together.
What will you do if you are hired?
- Supervise employees, conduct performance appraisals, recommend salary increases, train, assign work to, and review work of employees.
- Supervise all accounting procedures for the Cooperative.
- Supervise the preparation of financial statements and other monthly reports.
- Oversee financial related filing requirements.
- Prepare governmental reports that are developed from the Cooperative's operations.
- Provide statistical reports to various department heads on an as per needed basis.
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation for all accounting related audits (i.e., annual financial, sales tax, RUS work plan, etc.).
- Review subsidiary ledgers and assist with balancing to general ledger accounts.
- Ensure employees receive developmental training and cross train to keep accounting performing at a high level.
- Maintain cash flow by monitoring bank balances & cash requirements.
- Maintain an educational knowledge that will allow the Cooperative's accounting department to function at a high and efficient level at all times.
Our ideal candidate answers "yes" to the following questions:
- Do you have a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration?
- Do you have a CPA license?
- Do you have five years' work experience with rural electric cooperative with RUS accounting and work order procedures?
- Do you have supervisory experience? (This is a requirement.)
- Do you have experience in public accounting?
- Do you have experience in federal emergency relief filings?
- This position has a residency requirement of 60 minutes. Do you reside within 60 minutes legal driving time of our headquarters office in Crewe, VA. Or are you willing to locate to this area?
SEC offers an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, HSA, 401(k), retirement plan, and tuition reimbursement.
All completed SEC Applications for Employment must be received by 12:00 p.m. Eastern time on Friday March 12, 2021.
Documents to establish identity and employment eligibility are required. Offers of employment are conditional upon a negative alcohol and controlled substance test. All SEC employees are subject to random alcohol and drug tests throughout the year.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!