- Administration - People & Culture Executive
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Full Time
-Paid vacation, sick time and holidays -Tuition reimbursement -Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription plans -20% employee discount -Employee Assistance Program -Training and advancement opportunities at all levels -403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Our Chief People Officer will be responsible for reimagining Evergreen Goodwill's people function, culture, structure, and policies to meet business needs, and to fully align those functions with the organization's mission. The CPO will drive and implement key Human Resources (HR) best practices and initiatives, and provide strategic direction and expertise for the full scope of the People and Culture function. The Chief People Officer is also responsible for advancing a robust and effective culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, and will work closely with the organization's Executive and Leadership Teams to meet key DEI strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement a human resources plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of the organization, resulting in innovative, best practices and policies that will service the full range of HR needs and help build a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency and collaboration.
- Gain an understanding of the organization and participate fully in all strategic deliberations.
- Act as a strategic partner to all members of the Executive and Leadership Teams, and provide insightful, innovative thinking and problem solving on critical people and culture issues.
- Optimize the HR function/team, modernize and refine key processes and activities aligned toward achieving strategic objectives.
- Provide leadership and guidance on special projects, analytics & reporting, talent reviews, training, change management, and organizational design.
- Advance and build the organization's diversity, equity and inclusion competencies, serve as the key leader in implementing programs, policies and other necessary changes that position Evergreen Goodwill as a model business and employer in DEI practices.
- Develop comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention and onboarding through compensation and benefit policies, training, career paths, and professional learning opportunities.
- Oversee compensation practices and philosophy to ensure appropriate salary benchmarking.
- Respond to the HR demands of a regional organization with geographically distributed sites throughout Northwest Washington.
- Guide the HR team in supporting Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Engagement, Benefits, Rewards, Visa and Immigration, Policy and Compliance.
- Partner with IT on HRIS and related systems, protocols, capabilities, and upgrades.
- Interact with vendors and external partners to create and maintain relationships and negotiate contracts.
- Ensure legal compliance & mitigate organizational risks.
CULTURE AND DEVELOPMENT
- Develop relationships with the employees and become someone who is sought after for advice and counsel on HR, cultural, and organizational issues. Facilitate integration of diverse workgroups and cultures.
- Counsel, coach and guide managers and staff in addressing concerns and complaints to assure fair and equitable treatment while ensuring compliance with local labor regulations and practices.
- Coach and mentor fellow colleagues/managers and develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of a highly dynamic nonprofit organization.
- Mediate employee relations and performance issues and provide counsel to fellow managers on appropriate methods of performance management.
- Role model Evergreen Goodwill's core values and demonstrate leadership consistently with all members of the Goodwill community within our region and nationally.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred. HR Certification required (SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or other recognized certification). 15+ years of relevant business and/or nonprofit experience ideal.
- At least 10+ years of progressive leadership experience, with 5+ years leading an HR/People and Culture function.
- Proven leadership success advancing a strong culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, through innovating and implementing organization-wide programs and policies.
- Proven success implementing career-path and professional development programs for employees at all levels, with strong emphasis on creating opportunities for front-line and entry-level staff.
- General business and financial acumen with proven ability to develop and utilize HR data and metrics as they relate to and impact business and administrative functions.
- In-depth knowledge of HRIS technology, with management experience in systems transition and implementation strongly preferred. Experience with Dayforce a plus.
- Exceptional communications skills - written, verbal and interpersonal - and a strong ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences.
- Results-driven, agile, change agent with the commitment and confidence to assume a leadership role in an evolving environment.
- Unquestionable personal integrity, fairness and credibility necessary to gain the trust and commitment of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success at cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating partnerships at all levels within the organization to achieve results.
- Empathetic and engaging individual, who listens well, is responsive, solutions focused and results oriented.
- Passionate about the mission of Evergreen Goodwill, enthused by the challenges confronting the organization, and dedicated to achieving its goals.
- Competitive compensation package and retirement plan; including many offerings for your entire household.
We believe in the potential of individuals to make positive changes in their lives. We believe that education and training empower people to make those changes. Our vision for the communities we serve is that each person is able to choose rewarding employment, attain financial security and experience educational achievement. We are committed to creating and sustaining a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We embrace our employees' differences and acknowledge and support our collective responsibility.