Flag-Football Coach - Middle School/Elementary
JOB SUMMARY: The Athletic Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Varsity Coach in leading a transformative athletic program that seeks to lead student-athletes into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, build future-ready leaders, and compete at a championship level.
- Must pass a Livescan background check.
- Must be CPR certified (or must complete within 2 weeks of hiring).
- Must be a Christian and pass a Spiritual Interview.
- Playing experience required.
- Coaching experience preferred.
REPORTS TO: Head Varsity Coach, Athletic Director
JOB GOALS: To accept the responsibility of the program and work with the players in the sport assigned and to provide life-lessons that will positively impact the physical, mental, social, emotional, and spiritual well-being of all who are involved.
TRAITS OF AN EFFECTIVE COACH: Demonstrates a high degree of empathy, positivity, trust, responsibility, discipline, and flexibility. Is a developer, teacher, achiever, and problem-solver.
- Accept and implement the co-curricular philosophy of the Rock Academy.
- Follows the rules and regulations of the school/organization and WCAL league.
- Attend all school coaches meetings.
- Attend clinics, seminars, and in-service programs in order to improve coaching skills and to stay current with new trends in coaching, training, conditioning, and safety procedures.
- Give input about, assist in the creation of, and then supervise practice sessions.
- Maintain effective communication with the Head Varsity Coach and Athletic Director.
- Supervise the distribution/use of equipment/uniforms in your sport.
- Assist the Head Varsity Coach with the development of an annual inventory and make recommendations for purchases.
- Regularly inspect all equipment, facilities, and vehicles to ensure the safety of each student-athlete.
- Participate in pre- and post-season meetings with the Head Varsity Coach and/or Athletic Director. The post-season meeting will serve as an evaluation conference.
- Accept responsibility as delegated by the Head Varsity Coach and/or Athletic Director.
- Work to develop continuity between the community and school programs.
- Assist the Head Varsity Coach in the organization, scheduling, and supervision of an annual youth skills clinic for his/her sport in collaboration with the Camp Director.
- Only allows athletes certified by the Athletic Director to participate.
- Maintains appropriate supervision of his/her program at all times. Supervises any and all space used by athletes while they are present.
- Assures that the program, at all times, will reflect proper attitude and conduct at home or away.
- Encourages student-athletes to participate in sports and other co-curricular activities, other than his/her own but does not attempt to influence the specific sport or activity.
- Represent the school in a professional manner in demeanor, language, and conduct (based on the vision and standards established by the Athletic Director).
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of the activity.
- All other duties as assigned by the Head Varsity Coach and/or Athletic Director.