- 17-Oct-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- San Antonio, TX, USA
Employee discounts on merchandise, food, and entry including a zoo membership after 30 days of employment.
San Antonio Zoo is looking to hire a part-time SEASONAL Ticket Clerk. Do you enjoy the hospitality industry? Does it make you feel good to focus on guest interactions and exceed service expectations? Do you want to be part of a dynamic nonprofit organization that focuses on securing a future for wildlife? If so, please read on!
WORK SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION
We are a year-round operation; this position requires a flexible schedule to work weekends, holidays, and occasionally after hours for special assignments. The position is 25 hours a week, and the hourly rate for this position is $8.00.
Fun perks include discounts on entry, food, merchandise, zoo annual pass, and a merit increase after 6 months. In addition to the employee recognition program, eligible for internal positions after 4 months of employment and employee appreciation events!
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS AN SEASONAL TICKET CLERK
As a Ticket Clerk, you will be one of the first to interact with any zoo guests on their visit, so you must always exhibit a positive guest service attitude. You will perform various tasks to sell and take admission tickets and other available Zoo entry packages at the zoo entrance.
You must be fully committed to San Antonio Zoo's mission to create awareness that inspires action to care for the wildlife we steward and the animals we protect. You should take pride in knowing your hard work is making a difference in wildlife conservation.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SEASONAL TICKET CLERK
- Must be at least 15 years of age or older.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to use various types of electronic cash registers.
- Six (6) months of theme park or hospitality industry is preferred.
- Six (6) months of cash register/cash-handling experience in a retail operation is preferred.
- Six (6) months customer services industry is preferred.
- Seasonal position has a maximum duration of 6 months.
- Successful candidates must complete a pre-employment National Sex Offender Search, Criminal Background Check, and Drug Screen.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR HERD?
All future zoo crew, please apply at sazoo.org and complete our application.
We look forward to meeting you!