Sayres is a leader in defense support services to the US Navy and DCSA. Our 300+ program support experts empower our customers' senior leadership with long term planning and analytics, insightful decision making, and day-to-day operations. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Sayres has offices in California, Maine, and Alabama.
From acquisition strategy and planning to full-cycle fleet operations and personnel training, our deeply experienced subject matter experts provide support for our Maritime clients through engineering, management, and administration.
As a proud partner of the DoD, we support our counterintelligence and security clients in the execution of investigations and analysis required to secure the DoD's supply chain. Supporting our Warfighter every step of the way.
Recently ranked in the "Best Places to Work", Sayres hires and retains the industry's top Defense talent. The Sayres team prides itself on being committed to continuous learning, strengthening our customer-first approach, and transforming the future of the U.S. Navy and DCSA.
The individual will be assigned as a Software Support Engineer. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
Position Description: NIWC Pacific Unmanned Carrier Aircraft (UCA) Advanced Networking Tactical System (ANTS) Operational Support System (OSS) Software Support Engineer
Naval Information Warfare Center, Pacific (NIWC Pacific) is looking for a self-directed and motivated individual to join our team as a software support engineer in support of the MQ-25A Stingray unmanned aerial tanker program. Primary work location is at Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific in San Diego, CA with additional ability to perform some aspects of the position remotely. This position requires a DoD Secret clearance and approximately quarterly travel to sponsor labs and aircraft vendor sites.
In this position you will provide engineering and integration support to Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific (NIWC Pacific) Code 551 to fulfill PMA-268 Unmanned Carrier Aviation (UCA) requirements, focusing on maintenance, troubleshooting, and user support for the Advanced Networking Tactical System (ANTS) Operational Support System (OSS) network management software, which is hosted in the ANTS wideband network transport system onboard the MQ-25A aircraft. As an ANTS OSS Software Support Engineer, you will build security and maintenance patches, develop manual and automated solutions to perform regression testing of security and maintenance patches, and provide remote and onsite end-user support for the ANTS OSS software. The aircraft is the Navy's new unmanned drone, the MQ-25A Stingray, with a primary mission of aerial refueling and a secondary capability to provide Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) all while being launched and recovered from an aircraft carrier.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide systems engineering and test skills which includes determining requirements for test environments, writing test plans, test cases, and test scripts, executing tests, and documenting tests
- Create security and maintenance patches for ANTS OSS application
- Retrieve Red Hat Enterprise Linux updates and tailor rpm packages for NMS application
- Retrieve and install vendor firmware updates for ANTS system hardware components
- Develop and execute regression test scripts to verify system functionality
- Work with Network Support Engineer to coordinate patch testing
- Publish security and maintenance patches to ANTS Artifactory system binaries repository in accordance with ANTS configuration management and control processes
- Write clear, concise documentation for all system patches
- Prepare and present reports on software patch status to OSS Lead/Product Owner, external stakeholders and sponsors during Sprint Reviews
- Work with system software testers to update manual and automated system test scripts as needed for each patch and collect system test metrics
- Diagnose and debug faults with Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system and system hardware components
- Build and maintain Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)/Nessus servers for scanning ANTS OSS and laboratory infrastructure
- Perform Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) scans of the ANTS OSS and remediate findings
- Perform analysis of Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) checklists for system software and remediate findings
- Provide reach-back phone support for ANTS system users to troubleshoot and resolve system issues
- Approximately quarterly, travel to sponsor labs and aircraft vendor sites to install and troubleshoot ANTS patches and releases
- SECRET clearance verifiable in DISS
- Demonstrated proficiency with at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- Experience in writing clear, high-quality, maintainable and extendable code with best practices of automated unit tests
- Experience diagnosing and debugging Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system faults
- Familiarity with hardware debugging methods
- CSWF Level II certifications:
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent
- CompTIA Linux+ or equivalent (RHEL preferred)
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent
- Ability to travel to user sites on a quarterly basis to support troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Naval Information Warfare Systems Command mission.
- Familiarity with carrier-based flight operations.
- 5+ years DoD experience
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum development framework
- Network Engineering experience in a DoD, Navy, and/or NAVWAR program or related field.
- Experience designing, configuring and operating enterprise-level cybersecurity architectures, and using tools such as:
- Security Center/Nessus
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Physical Science, Operations Research, Statistics, or Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Experience with GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, Artifactory, Confluence, and Bitbucket
- Familiar with MS Office Suite, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Adobe Professional
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis and have been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
COVID Vaccination Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Sayres and Associates LLC's vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated. New employees must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Please note, customer site vaccination requirements, if stricter, will take precedence over Sayres vaccination policy. Prospective employees can submit questions regarding the COVID vaccination policy to email@example.com.