Sayres is a leader in defense support services to the US Navy and DCSA. Our 300+ program support experts empower our customers' senior leadership with long term planning and analytics, insightful decision making, and day-to-day operations. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Sayres has offices in California, Maine, and Alabama.
From acquisition strategy and planning to full-cycle fleet operations and personnel training, our deeply experienced subject matter experts provide support for our Maritime clients through engineering, management, and administration.
As a proud partner of the DoD, we support our counterintelligence and security clients in the execution of investigations and analysis required to secure the DoD's supply chain. Supporting our Warfighter every step of the way.
Recently ranked in the "Best Places to Work", Sayres hires and retains the industry's top Defense talent. The Sayres team prides itself on being committed to continuous learning, strengthening our customer-first approach, and transforming the future of the U.S. Navy and DCSA.
In support of an expeditionary shipbuilding program, the Junior-level Integrated Logistics Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as an on-site Logistics Analyst for the Supply Support and Technical Documentation Product Support Elements in support of a shipbuilding program office.
- Support documentation and maintenance of the Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) systems and equipment configuration records using configuration data management systems.
- Use engineering drawings and data to develop HM&E and electronic system and equipment configuration, provisioning, logistics, and alteration records.
- Perform, report and interpret results of sight validation of ship systems and equipment.
- Support the logistics group by preparing documentation to establish the range and depth of spares, tools, and test equipment, identify maintenance procedures, and ensure manuals are applicable to the configuration.
- Perform validation of preventive and corrective maintenance procedures and modify maintenance records, as applicable.
- Update equipment, components, and repair parts records, and related manuals.
- Utilize material management database to track Contractor and Government Coordinated Shipboard Allowance List (COSAL) material from the procurement of the material through the initial load out to the newly constructed ships.
- Review configuration changes to evaluate logistics impact.
- Document equipment, component, and parts conditions and identify logistic support documentation such as drawings, technical manuals, and maintenance requirement cards to be included for sustainment of ship systems.
- Research and report material allowance and ship specification technical issues.
- Review Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) ILS checklist certifications, Schedule A listings, GFE pushed material listings, Allowance Equipage Lists (AEL) baselines and configuration and logistics data to ensure compliance with Navy or MSC Logistics Information Systems, Specifications, Policy, and Guidance.
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholder agencies to plan, schedule, and document Integrated Logistics Support Management Team (ILSMT) Meetings.
- Track ship delivery activities using a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) tool and report on delivery readiness during routine meetings and Delivery Readiness Reviews (DRR).
- Maintain the consolidated list of team Action Items (AI) and Requests for Information (RFI) and provides weekly updates, as applicable.
Qualifications & Clearance Requirements
Preferred Education, Work Experience, Skills and Clearance Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with up to five (5) years of related experience or high school diploma with up to ten (10) years of related experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for determining logistics support.
- Self-starter who works well independently as part of an integrated team.
- Solid experience with configuration and logistics information systems and processes.
- Possesses critical thinking skills.
- Experience mining federal supply systems for logistics information.
- Experience reviewing and building Logistics Support Information packages for parts purchase.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Able to work in a shipboard/shipyard environment.
- Strong Information Technology skills with previous military experience is helpful.
- Engineering experience reading technical drawings is a plus.
- Active Secret security clearance verifiable in the Defense Information System for Security (DISS), formerly Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) preferred.
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis and have been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
COVID Vaccination Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Sayres and Associates LLC's vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated. New employees must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Please note, customer site vaccination requirements, if stricter, will take precedence over Sayres vaccination policy. Prospective employees can submit questions regarding the COVID vaccination policy to email@example.com.