Sayres is seeking a Program Analyst in Washington, DC with a SECRET clearance, verifiable in DISS.
The Program Analyst will support the Strategic and Theater Sealift Shipbuilding Program (PMS 385) and will be responsible for the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of DoD requirements, NAVSEA Program Office operations, policies, procedures and schedules related to shipbuilding and acquisition
- Assist the government with deliverable tracking, task management, development of milestones and objectives, strategic planning, acquisition strategies, special studies, program metrics establishment/tracking, and participation in designated meetings, milestone reviews, working groups, and Integrated Product Teams (IPT)
- Provide review, recommendations, and drafts of strategic, programmatic, and business plans/schedules. Review current and proposed business practices, perform organizational assessments, assist with developing Integrated Master Schedules (IMS), improved business processes, and track major programmatic and technical issues.
- Provide support in analyzing, assessing, and developing inputs to program briefings, White Papers, acquisition documentation and correspondence. Provide support in the management of the government's SharePoint site.
- Provide assistance and research in systems engineering efforts, development of requirements documents, cost estimates, and change proposals
- Coordinate meetings and Program Reviews, develop agendas, take minutes, capture actions, and track action status to completion.
- Utilize DoD 5000, Operation of the Defense Acquisition System, and become familiar with associated statutory and regulatory requirements of ACAT I/II programs.
- Provide direct support to Navy program office personnel. Utilize experience, communication with numerous stakeholders, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Support Trial Card / Discrepancy Management efforts including the preparation of technical assessments of deficiencies that are documented from Builder's and Acceptance Trials.
- Support the Configuration Control Board process and provide technical review and analysis of proposed changes. Identify documentation requiring revision or updates as a result of new or modified designs.
- Assist in the development of technical reports, briefs, point papers, documentation and responses to industry queries regarding engineering issues and corrective actions. Maintain Ship/Performance Specification configuration.
- Occasional travel to various locations for meetings with stakeholders and shipyards, including shipboard visits and onboard site checks.
Minimum Skill Sets of Qualified Candidates
- Bachelor's degree and one to five years of relevant experience.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills; the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously; exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on providing good customer service; highly self-motivated and resourceful with strong problem-solving skills; and exceptional attention to detail.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with a willingness to work effectively with a team of government and industry professionals including the ability to generate correspondence in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently and as part of an integrated team where the workload and priorities change quickly.
- Exceptional command of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Active Secret security clearance verifiable in DISS, or the ability to obtain one.
Minimum of 2 years' professional experience supporting an ACAT I/II shipbuilding program, or shipboard operational experience
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
COVID Vaccination Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Sayres and Associates LLC's vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated. New employees must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Please note, customer site vaccination requirements, if stricter, will take precedence over Sayres vaccination policy. Prospective employees can submit questions regarding the COVID vaccination policy to email@example.com.