Sayres is a leader in defense support services to the US Navy and DCSA. Our 300+ program support experts empower our customers' senior leadership with long term planning and analytics, insightful decision making, and day-to-day operations. Headquartered in Washington, DC, Sayres has offices in California, Maine, and Alabama. Sayres and Associates has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Sayres is seeking a Senior Advanced Tactical Training Support (Air Defense/BMD Subject Matter Expert) with active Top Secret/SCI security clearance, verifiable in DISS.
Position is located in Dahlgren, VA.
- Support instruction in a formal schoolhouse/classroom environment to include curriculum updates and development of WTI and other SMWDC taught courses of instruction.
- Provide technical and tactical expertise to support the teaching of lectures and update/revise course material as necessary.
- Contribute, support, assist, review, monitor and evaluate advanced warfare training within a shipboard (in-port) or classroom environment to include events such as Surface Warfare Advanced Tactical Training (SWATT).
- Provide planning and administrative support to SWATT Lead Planners to include LOI drafting and routing, planning conference coordination, OPAREA scheduling and exercise control watchstanding.
- Support the performance analysis of surface ship tactical readiness and operational capability through data collection and analysis of performance metrics (e.g., SWATT, Live Fire With a Purpose, Ballistic Missile Defense Exercise (BMDEX) to support units' preparation for, and completion of the advanced training phase.
- Provide direct support to the Performance Analysis lead, to include coordinating and executing Data Analysis Working Groups (DAWGs), updating and managing associated Event Cards and ROI metrics, and developing and providing required reports and briefs.
- Work directly with NSWC Corona and NUWC Keyport Det Pacific personnel as necessary to provide required products.
- Develop, evaluate, and update curricula for all SMWDC assigned surface force mission areas (AMW, Surface ASW, IAMD, MIW and SUW, along with associated supporting areas C41/MTN), training materials in compliance with Navy curriculum standards.
- Evaluate existing training materials and procedures and make recommendations or revisions to ensure technical accuracy, usability, adequate references and resources, and quality standards.
- Provide product graphics and technical writing to support style guides, lesson topic guides, specialized brief's, Operational and Technical documentation to include supporting documentation that support all SMWDC owned and delivered training events.
Qualifications & Clearance Requirements
- A minimum of 12 years of experience with the surface Navy's combat systems, C5I, networks, and weapons systems. 5 years of this experience shall be as military personnel.
- Strike Group, Fleet, or Major Training Command, Systems Testing Command or similar military organization planning Experience
- Five (5) years of experience aboard Navy cruisers, destroyers or within qualified Department of Defense warfare areas
- Qualified and experienced in a watch station with the authority to employ the Aegis Weapon System (i.e. Tactical Action Officer (TAO), Air Warfare Coordinator (AAWC), Battle Watch Captain).
- Possess a Tactical Action Officer Qualification letter or BMD Watch Officer qualification letter
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative assessment methods to support war-fighting readiness, capabilities, and capacity evaluations.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Access, Excel, Power Point, Project and Word.
The position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering, and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis and have been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001.
Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
COVID Vaccination Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Sayres and Associates LLC's vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated. New employees must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Please note, customer site vaccination requirements, if stricter, will take precedence over Sayres vaccination policy. Prospective employees can submit questions regarding the COVID vaccination policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.