Sayres and Associates LLC (Sayres) is a dynamic business that has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001. We offer a broad spectrum of security, management, technical and engineering services including Program Administration, Policy Analysis, Counterintelligence Cyber Security, Acquisition Management, Acquisition Logistics, Integrated Product Support, Production Management, Business Financial Management, Systems Engineering, Systems Integration, System Test and Evaluation. Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
Our success can be attributed first to a proven track record of performance excellence based on our customer-focused approach to services. We have demonstrated experience effectively managing large contractor teams across multiple functional areas for major programs. Perhaps most importantly, Sayres offers financial stability and organizational maturity comparable to a large company, coupled with the agility of a small business, providing cost effective solutions and best value to our customers.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering, and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Position is located in San Diego, CA.
In support of Naval Surface Warfare Center, Corona Division, the Systems Engineer II will:
- Research inclusion of models for defeating asymmetric and emerging threats via persistent and stealthy distributed, large area presence capabilities; stimulation of suspect entities; and disruption and deception of potential hostiles.
- Conduct research to represent and make recommendations to integrate unmanned and autonomous systems in the NCTE, modeled after new technologies with the ability to sense, comprehend, predict, communicate, plan, make decisions, and take appropriate actions to achieve their goals. Assess the feasibility of incorporation for each identified unmanned and autonomous system and propose a technical solution. Develop OCDs for Government approval for unmanned systems.
- Develop and test a system prototype that simulates unmanned systems. Maintain UAS software in the Confluence software repository. Draft and submit ITPRs.
- Recommend follow-on development and engineering actions to represent the required unmanned systems to the Government. Plan, design, engineer, and field unmanned representations for integration into the NTB and NCTE capabilities.
- Research, identify, and integrate advanced C4ISR and battlespace visualization technologies, including those for weapons systems identification and control, to include cutting-edge data network architecture and data product development.
- Integrate weapon training systems into the NCTE LVC architecture and support their use in Navy and Joint Combatant Command (CCMD), North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), and other coalition exercises. Work with coalition partners and FMS personnel to research, design, test, and integrate coalition partner training systems and simulations into selected NCTE LVC enclaves.
Education, Work Experience, and Skills Requirements
- Integration of electronic processes or methodologies to resolve system or technology problems. Applies analytical and systematic approaches in the resolution of problems of workflow, organization, and planning.
- Expert knowledge of LANs, WANs, VPNs, routers, firewalls, network protocols, and other security and network operations and monitoring, vulnerability analysis, PKI, data encryption, key management, data warehousing, and data mining capabilities.
- Be compliant with Cyberspace Workforce Management (DoD Directive (DoDD) 8140.01) (Reference F), and SECNAV M-5239.2 DoN Cyberspace IT and Cyber Security Workforce Management and Qualification.
- Experience integrating training systems as well as interim training products into a LVC integrated training architecture similar to the NCTE (experience with Navy training systems preferred)
- Integration and software experience with M&S engineering and integration projects involving representations of advanced weapons systems and coalition event integration, architecture, and support in an environment similar to NCTE
- Experience with cross domain solutions
- 5-12 years of experience in systems engineering and Navy training systems.
- Master's degree is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and MS Project is desired,
- SECRET clearance verifiable in DISS.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
We are currently supporting operations through COVID based telework protocols and ongoing telework options may be discussed upon interview.
COVID Vaccination Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Sayres and Associates LLC's vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated. New employees must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Please note, customer site vaccination requirements, if stricter, will take precedence over Sayres vaccination policy. Prospective employees can submit questions regarding the COVID vaccination policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.