Sayres and Associates LLC (Sayres) is a dynamic business that has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001. We offer a broad spectrum of security, management, technical and engineering services including Program Administration, Policy Analysis, Counterintelligence Cyber Security, Acquisition Management, Acquisition Logistics, Integrated Product Support, Production Management, Business Financial Management, Systems Engineering, Systems Integration, System Test and Evaluation. Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
Our success can be attributed first to a proven track record of performance excellence based on our customer-focused approach to services. We have demonstrated experience effectively managing large contractor teams across multiple functional areas for major programs. Perhaps most importantly, Sayres offers financial stability and organizational maturity comparable to a large company, coupled with the agility of a small business, providing cost effective solutions and best value to our customers.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering, and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Position is located in San Diego, CA.
In support of Naval Surface Warfare Center, Corona Division, the Systems Architect II will:
- Conduct RDT&E to improve the current generation of NCTE data and communications networks.
- Develop and implement the next generation and expand NCTE LVC training capabilities by extending connectivity and interoperability with live air training ranges and shipboard weapon systems.
- Develop and deploy robust, flexible, and high-capacity data and communications networks, which form the backbone of the NCTE's LVC capability.
- Plan, track and report all systems engineering activities to include requirements refinement, emerging technology development, and sustainment activities for LVC networking.
- Research, design, develop, procure, and implement network-based solutions to improve LVC network resiliency. Architect, engineer, operate, and sustain enclave boundary perimeter security enhancements to the LVC environment. Identify, develop, and deploy solutions to reduce life cycle cost requirements for network infrastructure deployment and sustainment.
- Perform network operations and communications analysis and planning for the configuration of LVC network systems, both within the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS), to implement the architecture developed to support the weapon system LVC training requirements.
- Draft and update network architecture drawings and documentation to reflect upgrades of the physical and logical network architecture, IP addressing, network capabilities, and service level performance of the shore and shipboard NCTE sites as well as documentation on proposed changes or modifications. Draft and update current NCTE network architecture drawings to reflect additions, changes, and modifications to the network infrastructure equipment at NCTE LVC sites.
Education, Work Experience, and Skills Requirements
- Experience establishing system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.
- Design architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensure these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models, and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference.
- Ensure that the common operating environment is TAFIM compliant.
- 5-12 years of experience in systems engineering and Navy training systems.
- Master's degree is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and MS Project is desired,
- SECRET clearance verifiable in DISS.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
We are currently supporting operations through COVID based telework protocols and ongoing telework options may be discussed upon interview.
COVID Vaccination Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Sayres and Associates LLC's vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated. New employees must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Please note, customer site vaccination requirements, if stricter, will take precedence over Sayres vaccination policy. Prospective employees can submit questions regarding the COVID vaccination policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.