Sayres and Associates LLC (Sayres) is a dynamic business that has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001. We offer a broad spectrum of security, management, technical and engineering services including Program Administration, Policy Analysis, Counterintelligence Cyber Security, Acquisition Management, Acquisition Logistics, Integrated Product Support, Production Management, Business Financial Management, Systems Engineering, Systems Integration, System Test and Evaluation. Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
Our success can be attributed first to a proven track record of performance excellence based on our customer-focused approach to services. We have demonstrated experience effectively managing large contractor teams across multiple functional areas for major programs. Perhaps most importantly, Sayres offers financial stability and organizational maturity comparable to a large company, coupled with the agility of a small business, providing cost effective solutions and best value to our customers.
At Sayres, our employees enjoy an atmosphere conducive to realizing their potential through personal and professional development while simultaneously exceeding customers' expectations.
We offer a broad spectrum of technical, engineering, and administrative services including acquisition, financial and program management; fleet synthetic training; logistics; ship construction engineering; systems engineering and integration; wargaming; test and evaluation; security, counterintelligence and policy analysis.
Position is located in Yokosuka, Japan.
In support of Naval Surface Warfare Center, Corona Division, the Network Engineer III will:
- Develop strategies, processes, and documentation for cybersecurity certification and accreditation activities for the execution of this task IAW applicable accreditation methodology (e.g., DIACAP, RMF, and PIT) to obtain authorization to operate. Perform accreditation activities IAW all applicable DoD, DoN, and related policy and procedures.
- Research, design, develop, procure, and implement network-based solutions to improve LVC network resiliency. Architect, engineer, operate, and sustain enclave boundary perimeter security enhancements to the LVC environment. Identify, develop, and deploy solutions to reduce life cycle cost requirements for network infrastructure deployment and sustainment.
- Collaborate with stakeholder organizations to refine requirements and develop common technical solutions for networking LVC capabilities within the NCTE.
- Perform RDT&E to implement improvements to existing communications network infrastructure, system interfaces and standards, RF to Voice over IP (VoIP) systems, and network communications systems. This shall include design, architecture, prototyping, analysis, procurement, and implementation of phased life cycle upgrades of network communications solutions at all required shore and shipboard sites in the NCTE LVC environment.
- Perform network operations and communications analysis and planning for the configuration of LVC network systems, both within the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS), to implement the architecture developed to support the weapon system LVC training requirements.
- Validate that NCTE networks are operated in compliance with Navy and DoD IT, network operations, system administration, and field services policies, instructions, and directives. Maintain and document IA compliance including Internetwork Operating System (IOS) upgrades, network device configuration changes, and firewall Access Control List (ACL) verification and changes.
Education, Work Experience, and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated capability in one or more of the Information Technology core areas; Computer System Engineering; Computer System Services; Data Management Services; Modeling, Analysis and Simulation; Professional Support Services; Test, Analysis and Evaluation; and Systems Integration. Experience in systems development, analysis, or design.
- Competence in all phases of system analysis techniques, system design concepts, computer programming languages and the ability to work with end users to develop system designs from end users specifications.
- Meet CSWF requirements by maintaining current baseline and CE/OS certifications for CISCO and Security+.
- Experience performing end-to-end lifecycle planning, design, installation, maintenance, and support for distributed networks used by M&S and C4I applications, systems, and subsystems in support of an LVC architecture similar to NCTE.
- Experience in implementing and integrating cross domain solutions at both the Secret and TS levels.
- 12+ years of experience in network engineering.
- Master's degree is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and MS Project is desired,
- SECRET clearance verifiable in DISS.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
We are currently supporting operations through COVID based telework protocols and ongoing telework options may be discussed upon interview.
COVID Vaccination Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere to Sayres and Associates LLC's vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated. New employees must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Please note, customer site vaccination requirements, if stricter, will take precedence over Sayres vaccination policy. Prospective employees can submit questions regarding the COVID vaccination policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.