- Austin, TX, USA
- Base + commission
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Life Ins, 401k & Array of Supplemental Offerings
Lighting Sales Consultant - Austin
What We Do:
At Lights Fantastic Pro, we don't just hire lighting sales people. We collect Luminaries - brilliant designers, consultants, technical geeks and project managers with the expertise and passion to shape a curated experience for our client, unlike any other. We dig deep to understand our clients' goals and desires, collaborate closely to explore the possibilities, and search wide to find just the right lighting solutions for our clients' projects and environment. We also guide the process - planning, photometrics, field visits, CAD drawings, installation instructions - to take our clients vision from concept to reality, on time and on budget.
What We Are Looking For:
Lights Fantastic Pro in Austin is currently expanding our sales force to keep pace with our growing business. The right candidate will be passionate about providing a consultative sales approach in working with clients, to find the right lighting solutions for their needs or projects. Ideally, we are seeking someone with lighting sales experience however, sales experience in building trades or design will also be considered. Superb interpersonal and organizational skills will also be key for this customer-centric role.
Some of the responsibilities include quoting of lighting specs, seeking alternative value engineering options, and acting as the key conduit between customer project orders, from initial order placement, coordination with the factory or vendors, through to delivery and project completion.
Why Join the Team? Enjoy the opportunity to have a true impact on the business, and be a key facilitator in bringing the lighting experience to our clients and partners. Saylite offers a competitive compensation package (base + commission), a range of healthcare benefits, company sponsored life insurance, PTO, 401k, and supplemental benefit offerings.
Sound Interesting? For a full list of responsibilities, and the desired skills & attributes, please read the full job description below to see if there's a match between your career objectives/experience and our exciting role.
Section I. General Overview & Reporting:
The Lighting Sales Consultant provides a consultative sales role in working with our design trade professionals, architectural, and contractor partners, as well as our high-end residential clientele, and retail customers. This position requires quoting of lighting specs, seeking alternative value engineering options, and acting as the key conduit between large customer project orders, from initial order placement, coordination with the factory or vendors, through to delivery and project completion.
This position reports to Showroom Manager.
Section II. Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
The primary duties of the Lighting Sales Consultant consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing a consultative sales approach with business partners (design trade, contractors, and architects), high end residential clients, and retail customers
- Developing and maintaining solid relationships with all business partners, internal/external customers, and vendors
- Quote/Proposal & Sales Order preparation, and follow up to include:
- Obtaining pricing
- Seeking alternatives for value engineering options
- Negotiations with the customer
- Closing the initial sale
- Managing/incorporating/tracking changes throughout the project
- Project management to include:
- Coordinating w/factory and vendors on initial order placement and changes
- Providing continual & timely, project-related communication to customers, business partners, and internal departments to ensure project timelines are met
- Coordinating delivery times and requirements with contractors and installers
- Coordinating internal company activities in the fulfillment of the project goals
- Participating in project meetings and project site meetings, where applicable
- Post Sales Activity to include
- Investigating and resolving customer issues
- Managing warranty issues
- Coordinating returns, replacement, or repair of defective materials
- Other duties, as assigned
- Section III: Necessary Skills and Attributes:
- 3+ years experience with consultative sales in the construction building materials industries (or closely related field)
- Previous lighting product sales experience, preferred
- Proven experience working with commercial business partners (Design trade, architects, contractors)
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to assess and prioritize (with flexibility to change course as needed)
- Excellent interpersonal, and collaborative skills
- Proven problem resolution and decision-making skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Solid Microsoft Office skills (Word & Excel)
- Ability to learn products, solutions & processes quickly
- ERP experience helpful (P21)
- Ability to work well both independently, and in team settings
- Design degree, a plus
Section IV: Physical Requirements:
- Visual acuity required to read computer screens, written documents, inspect materials, products, etc.
- Ability to speak and hear on the phone
- Must be able to work sitting, standing, stooping, bending, and in squatting position
- Manual dexterity required for computer work, to handle materials, supplies, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to work established Showroom business hours, including Saturdays (Showroom hours are Mon. - Fri. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Sales employees should expect to work on Saturdays, and have a scheduled day off during the week. Showroom hours are subject to change.)
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature & levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, & skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment & are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Lights Fantastic Pro is an equal opportunity employer. We also participate in Everify.
No contact from recruiters, please.