- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - Northeast Region
Saylite, headquartered in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, is expanding our sales staff to include a Northeast Regional Sales Manager. This is a remote position, and could be home-based from Philly, New York, Boston, or Rhode Island. Close proximity to an airport, with easy accessibility to airports within the geographic territory, will be key.
Snapshot of our role: The Regional Sales Manager is primarily responsible for the overall sales and technical guidance of the assigned sales region. The position is expected to promote the Company and its products aggressively, with the ability to become a trusted advisor to customers at all levels, and to achieve budgeted sales and expense objectives for the region.
Qualification Summary: The ideal candidate must have, or develop, a substantial working knowledge of the industry, product lines, specifications, customer trends, and current affairs within the industry, in terms of the affect on prospects, sales performance, and future product development. The Regional Sales Manager must be able to work independently, accept guidance and direction, and deliver outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
Saylite's journey into the lighting industry began in 1964 when our founder began his two-man fluorescent assembly business with a "yes, we can" attitude. Today, lighting is moving beyond illumination, providing powerful opportunities to impact health, productivity, mood, and security. We're in the midst of a lighting revolution, witnessing more changes in the past five years than in the five decades before. With a vision for a new type of lighting company - one that leverages the latest technologies while building on our founder's timeless values - the next generation of experienced professionals is reinventing our business. We've navigated the market shifts by embracing LED, smart lighting, sensors, and retrofits.
Saylite is large enough to have a strong foundation, yet small enough for individuals to make things happen and foster tangible results. We understand that our success is dependent on our team.
Why join the team? This position is a base+ commission role. We provide great benefits, including a range of healthcare benefits, company-sponsored life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance (AD&D), paid time off (PTO), a 401k plan, and array of supplemental benefits to choose from to fit your individual needs.
Sound Interesting? Read on for the full job description.
SECTION I: GENERAL OVERVIEW AND REPORTING
The Regional Sales Manager is primarily responsible for the overall sales and technical guidance of the assigned sales region. The position is expected to promote the Company and its products aggressively, with the ability to become a trusted advisor to customers at all levels, and to achieve budgeted sales and expense objectives for the region. The Regional Sales Manager must have, or develop, a substantial working knowledge of the industry, product lines, specifications, customer trends, and current affairs within the industry, in terms of the affect on prospects, sales performance, and future product development. The Regional Sales Manager must be able to work independently, accept guidance and direction, and deliver outstanding customer service to internal and external customers. This is an exempt position reporting to the VP/General Manager, and generally requires the establishment of, and operation from, an in-home office.
SECTION II: DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The primary duties of the Regional Sales Manager consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sales Activities and Growth of the Region
- Develop and implement sales plans designed to meet the specific goals established for the region
- Act as a true trusted advisor, in providing information and solutions, designed to meet and exceed customer needs
- Prepare and submit sales forecasts and projections for the Region, monthly, by due dates
- Exercise pricing authority in a judicious manner to meet or exceed both volume and profit goals
- Prepare and conduct sales presentations, and arrange plant visits for customers as appropriate
- Ensure that regular (quality) contact is made (and tracked) with existing and prospective customers, to move the sales process forward, both in person as well as via calls and emails
- Control travel and entertainment expenditures, maintaining them within budget
- Investigate issues or complaints promptly and follow through until settled satisfactorily
- Provide clear and timely written and verbal communications with customers, company personnel, etc.
- Maintain regular contact with customer service, plant personnel and management to ensure customer needs and delivery times are being met
- Keep the National Sales Manager fully informed on current conditions and future prospects in the region
- Comply with safety policies and procedures (company, state, federal, etc.)
- Promote and encourage safety awareness and compliance with direct reports.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Management of Independent Sales Reps
- Assess and monitor the activities of each independent sales representative
- Provide continuing motivation to ensure sales goals are being met
- Provide and/or recommend, training for independent sales reps, as necessary, to ensure the company and products are well represented
- Recommend rep changes if goals are not being met
- If applicable, determine and justify the need and location for additional independent sales reps in the region.
- Define specifically the protected territory and/or accounts which will be assigned to each representative for sales credit purposes.
- Negotiate and/or terminate arrangements with sales representatives, with the advice and approval of Company senior management.
SECTION III: NECESSARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years sales experience in applicable field
- Exceptional knowledge of lighting industry
- Proven Sales ability and persuasiveness
- Extensive face to face sales call experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish long lasting business relationships
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proven follow-up and problem resolution abilities
- Self disciplined and motivated
- Must have confidence, aggressiveness, tenacity, and resilience
- Professional image - appearance and demeanor
- Ability to lead, motivate and coach others
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills
- Solid communication skills - both verbal & written
- Independence/ability to work on own
- Computer competency with Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and an insurable driving record
- Ability to travel as necessary (depending on sales area, could average more than 3 to 4 overnights/month)
- Ability to have and maintain a credit card for business-related expenses
SECTION IV: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to drive vehicle and travel as necessary without assistance
- Ability to visit customer sites, including active construction projects and demonstrate lighting applications
- Must have the ability to work in outdoor conditions, e.g.; high/low temperatures, wind, dust, humidity, etc.
- Visual acuity to perform product inspections, read computer screens, documents, etc.
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry, filing, and site inspections
- Ability to hear and speak on the phone
- Ability to bend, pull, and reach to perform demonstrations, filing functions, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, e.g.; products, samples, etc.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.