- 05-Aug-2020 to Until Filled (PST)
- Mobile Operations
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Starting pay $30.00
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b), Retirement and more!
NEW GRADS WELCOMED!
Only need an Associate's degree and Current RN License
Ensures the safety, potency and purity of all products collected, by ensuring that all work completed is in full compliance with departmental and organizational policies. In accordance with organizations Standards of Excellence, WE CARE, performs assigned duties at the site in accordance with the California Registered Nurse Practice Act and the high professional standards of the organization. Facilitates donor processing as needed, assist with the retention of donors through outstanding customer service, rescheduling of donors ensuring all quality and safety standards are met. The RN assists with the rescheduling and retention of donors, through outstanding customer service and care. The RN will ensure the confidentiality of all work-related information concerning a donor, patient, research participant, the organization, other employees and volunteers
- Consistently ensures all quality and safety standards are met.
- Nursing responsibility for donor safety and the safety, potency and purity of all products collected; knowledge, awareness and monitoring of signs and symptoms of impending or active emergency events, adverse reactions / complications; Ensure proper nursing management and documentation of adverse donor reactions and complications. Notify Manager and / or Medical Director according to SOP. Activate the EMS system as appropriate; serves as staff resource for donor eligibility and medical criteria.
- Complies with SOP and performs all assigned activities and maintains competency for areas trained.
- Reviews, completes, and monitor staff compliance with Safety, cGMP, competency requirements, assignments, SOPs, Memos, and other assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Following the Daily Collection Plan, participates in donor recruitment, conversion to automated collections, and whole blood and automated donor rescheduling.
- Works closely with NCW management to actively support organizational strategic goals and donor, marketing and staff recognition and retention programs.
- Supports and complies with organizational affirmative action policy.
- Cooperate with other employees to achieve departmental and organizational objectives and to assure that daily tasks are completed appropriately.
- Actively discusses with management any ideas which may promote the development and well-being of the organization.
- Maintains open communication channels and communicates effectively and professionally.
- Checks company email at least once per day when on duty.
- Performs all duties in a professional manner, always projecting a positive role model image.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all work-related information concerning a donor / patient, the organization, other employees and volunteers.
- Provides excellent customer service and monitors customer service being provided by staff, to enhance donor experience and foster donor loyalty. Coach staff in making any needed improvements.
- Performs the On-Site Review of the Donor Records and final review of automated procedure records.
- When assigned, perform additional charge nurse duties.
- After successful training may serve as trainer for specific mastered skills.
- Maintains an awareness of legal implications of all work being performed in NCW.
- Maintains professional growth and development; increases job knowledge through continuing education via in-service meetings, NCW Education Days, etc. and reviews current literature to further strengthen working knowledge of the industry and to keep abreast of latest trends in the field.
- Must be able to work variable hours and days, including weekends. May be requested to help another fixed site location or a bloodmobile, as needed.
- Understands and adheres to the policies, procedures and standards developed as part of the San Diego Blood Bank Compliance Program.
- Encourages and stimulates a culture, throughout San Diego Blood Bank, of ethical sensitivity and compliant behavior.
- May drive company vehicles, for which they are licensed, as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable days and hours, including some weekends.
- Subject to assignment to a variety of sites with various temperatures and lighting conditions.
- Subject to driving suitable, well-maintained vehicles on surface streets and highways in various traffic and weather conditions.
- May require traversing stairs, slopes, elevators, escalators in a variety of cargo / loading dock environments.
- Subject to risk of possible exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Subject to assisting in emergency care and handle crisis situations.
- Contact with donors / patients / research participants and general public under a variety of circumstances.
- Subject to overnight stay and / or working in locations outside of San Diego County.
- Light to medium lifting required, up to 45 lbs., seeking assistance and using provided equipment, such as cart, lift gate, etc., when necessary / indicated.
- Perform body motions such as; keyboard data input, bending, kneeling, crouching, stooping, twisting, stretching, reaching, climbing, lifting, pushing, pulling, grasping and gripping in the ergonomically correct manner.
- Ability to climb steps on bloodmobiles.
- Ability to walk, stand or sit for extended periods of time without a significant rest period.
- Ability to work often in small, cramped or confined spaces.
- Ability to assist with lifting and moving of donors.
- Ability to use equipment that requires a high degree of dexterity.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Standard industry and office equipment.
- Various motor vehicles and accessories (general and specialized).
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing Program.
- Previous Blood Bank experience preferred
- Leadership experience desired.
- Current California RN License
- Current CPR Certification, BLS
- Valid Class "C" CA Driver's license preferred.
*Must have a completely open schedule
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The San Diego Blood Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.