Saint Peter's is the 5th hospital worldwide to earn Magnet status SIX times in a row. Our team of award-winning nurses is growing and we are looking for talented, compassionate RNs to join our team.
Registered professional nurse responsible for the supervision of the quality of nursing care on specific units and related activities which provides smooth operational functioning of the Hospital during an eight (8) hour tour duty on evenings, nights or weekends. The Supervisor is directed by the Off-Shift Coordinator to follow through the specific projects, personnel problems or quality of care.
- Receive reports and initiate patient care rounds on each assigned unit to assess care given, evaluate staffing patterns and discuss any pertinent patient problems with staff nurse(s)
- Act as consultant; lend clinical expertise and intervene as necessary in the assessment and performance of patient care
- Review daily staffing sheet and adjusts staffing patterns as necessary for on-coming shift
- Provide a concise, timely, informative report to the Divisional Director and/or on-coming Supervisor
- Communicate, interpret and implement established policies and procedures
- Communicate to the individual Divisional Director /and or Unit Manager employee attitudes and performances, recommendations from staff, contributing factors that affect level of morale, incidents that occur and quality of patient care provided
- Work with Divisional Director/and or Unit Manager in counseling, initiation and administration of the disciplinary process in accordance with established policy
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Must have five (5) years of nursing experience with evidence of progressive leadership experience
- BLS and ACLS
- Experience with EMR
- Flexible and willing to work independently
- Able to work weekends and holidays
Sign Up For Job Alerts!