According to established procedures and policies, the Switchboard Operator transfers incoming and outgoing telephone calls and creates and maintains a positive impression of the Hospital by providing information and assistance to patients, visitors and vendors.
- Assisting callers with patient information regarding visiting hours, room and telephone extensions.
- Monitoring operation of telephones and paging equipment and ensuring equipment is repaired in a timely manner.
- Reporting safety and security violations and enforcing all emergency procedures during fire and disaster conditions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!